JET2 Flight refunds

Fletch

Striker
had email to say all jet2 flights now grounded until 17 june . had flights booked for end of may , logged on jet2 and can only see option to amend flights to later date
how the hell do you just get your money back ? Im assuming you can get refund ?
anybody had any joy?

had email to say all jet2 flights now grounded until 17 june . had flights booked for end of may , logged on jet2 and can only see option to amend flights to later date
anybody had any joy?
Was meant to fly to Tenerife this Friday with Jet2, the app & website wouldn't let me cancel for a refund, only amend to a later date which was no use to me. I rang them up & told them I wanted a refund, money was in my bank couple of days later.

anybody had any joy?
Having the same issue with easyjet. Looks like they are saying they are working through the cancellations. But i can only see flights a few days in advance actually coming up as cancelled. Im guessing i will just have wait it out.

anybody had any joy?

They have made it clear they are dealing with it in a chronological order , a bit early asking if anyone has had a refund since they’ve only announced it today.

Have patience ffs.

They cancelled a flight we had with them about three weeks ago (flight was on Sunday coming) but have not refunded yet.

I also have a Jet2 holiday booked in May via an agent so that will definitely not be happening. Always knew that of course. So will have to organise refund through her.

You have to ring them up and ask for a refund. I should have flown with them yesterday but it was cancelled. I waited a week or so after the cancellation announcement and then rang them. Got through quickly, the lady was friendly and helpful and the money went back on my card within a few days.

there is a cancel flight option on the website (manage my bookings) but just know be sods law if click that will cancel and No refund option.

looked out of interest to change flights to 2021 , same time, and £150 more (2 adults only).. twats

there is a cancel flight option on the website (manage my bookings) but just know be sods law if click that will cancel and No refund option.

looked out of interest to change flights to 2021 , same time, and £150 more (2 adults only).. twats
I did the same , looked at Tenerife for blackberry week, was £1600 for 2 adults only an extra £1000 😮. We've booked a week in Benidorm instead, flights were only £60 each on Easy Jet, not the holiday we wanted, but bugger it we're having a holiday somewhere this year, I hope 🤔

anyone tried to click the cancel flight option then ?
Martin Lewis was on about this the other day. Saying most of them have removed the option for a refund from their websites, offering exchange only. He said it's illegal of them. You need to ring up.

Don't cancel your flight mate, let them cancel it, otherwise you may lose your money.
Now are you sure about this rob :D
Martin Lewis was on about this the other day. Saying most of them have removed the option for a refund from their websites, offering exchange only. He said it's illegal of them. You need to ring up.
the option is there to cancel it, just wary of doing it and then then legally they say tough no refund you cancelled ?

Edit.

Holidaymakers who have holidays booked with the company before June 17 will be contacted in order of departure date to discuss their options regarding the cancellation.
Now are you sure about this rob :D

the option is there to cancel it, just wary of doing it and then then legally they say tough no refund you cancelled ?
Exactly why I wouldn't cancel it.

I’ve got flights for next week, still booked with EasyJet. 6 of us.

Not been cancelled as such yet and when I rang it gave me blurb about vouchers etc. and then said they were too busy and I got cut off. 😂

They’ll contact you to give yo the options Fletch They’re doing it in departure date order so if youre not flying until end of May it could be a while.

were flying 3 May (or rather we’re not) and havent heard yet.

Ill let you know when we hear.

Aye I’ve had 2nd generic email now to say they will be contacting all , 1st one made out onus was on me . Cancelled the apartment .
My mate booked apartment with booking.com and they have refused refund

Back