Jennings

Status
Not open for further replies.

He's bang out of form. I think Stoneman will be drafted in

He will probably get another go. I just don't think there is any way humanly possible for him to score runs in Australia. He's an easy target for short pitched aggressive bowling. Stoneman should be in. He's played a ton of Sydney grade cricket with and against Hazlewood, Pattison etc and he's a better bet against that type of bowling. He can't just be chucked in the deep end though.

i'm sure vaughan would admit this himself - assuming boycott or tuffnell said it first.
I don't get the hatred of Vaughan at all. Or Swann for that matter (dirty filthy magness aside). Both seem like intelligent, articulate, insightful commentators to me. And at the very least, when they've got the mic it means Blowhard hasn't.

I don't get the hatred of Vaughan at all. Or Swann for that matter (dirty filthy magness aside). Both seem like intelligent, articulate, insightful commentators to me. And at the very least, when they've got the mic it means Blowhard hasn't.

i don't get the hatred for blowers. he's an intelligent, rambling, wonderful, joyous commentator who tells a fab story, has great anecdotes, picturesque descriptions of stuff other than stats [but has a brilliant memory for previous test matches] and isn't vaughan or swann.

i don't hate vaughan at all, when he is just doing his job he is actually very good at it. insightful as you say and a cracking commentators. but when he is in the box with boycott he becomes a pissy pants sycophant agreeing with anything the wife beater says and when with tuffnell he morphes into one of the 'lads' he jsut tries far too hard. when he is being himself he is spot on.

swann i can't respect because of how he packed it all in mid tour and find he brings very little to the box. he isn't bad at it, he's just a smarmy tosser, which means the fact he isn't particularly good at it either all the harder to bear.

i don't get the hatred for blowers. he's an intelligent, rambling, wonderful, joyous commentator who tells a fab story, has great anecdotes, picturesque descriptions of stuff other than stats [but has a brilliant memory for previous test matches] and isn't vaughan or swann.

i don't hate vaughan at all, when he is just doing his job he is actually very good at it. insightful as you say and a cracking commentators. but when he is in the box with boycott he becomes a pissy pants sycophant agreeing with anything the wife beater says and when with tuffnell he morphes into one of the 'lads' he jsut tries far too hard. when he is being himself he is spot on.

swann i can't respect because of how he packed it all in mid tour and find he brings very little to the box. he isn't bad at it, he's just a smarmy tosser, which means the fact he isn't particularly good at it either all the harder to bear.
I didn't like Swann's way of leaving either, but he was the best English spinner in my adult lifetime and a key member of one of my favourite England teams. So I like hearing what he has to say. And his impressions are canny tbf.

I can't stand Blowers' voice. It makes me want to hammer nails into my ears. And I don't find his constant mistakes at all endearing. I know I'm in the minority on this, but I'll be able to relax to TMS all the more after he's fucked off.

I didn't like Swann's way of leaving either, but he was the best English spinner in my adult lifetime and a key member of one of my favourite England teams. So I like hearing what he has to say. And his impressions are canny tbf.

I can't stand Blowers' voice. It makes me want to hammer nails into my ears. And I don't find his constant mistakes at all endearing. I know I'm in the minority on this, but I'll be able to relax to TMS all the more after he's fucked off.

he's an old gadgee, he makes mistakes. hoenstly doesn't bother me at all. his long term memory is still sharp as a razor. i absolutely love him. it is the right time for him to go, i can accept the argument it was a year or two back but he is one of the icons of TMS and i would rather he stayed until he keeled over in the box. the abuse he gets is beyond unreasonable imo

he's an old gadgee, he makes mistakes. hoenstly doesn't bother me at all. his long term memory is still sharp as a razor. i absolutely love him. it is the right time for him to go, i can accept the argument it was a year or two back but he is one of the icons of TMS and i would rather he stayed until he keeled over in the box. the abuse he gets is beyond unreasonable imo
Abuse? It's my ears that are getting abused!

There have been times when I've been leaping around at the fall of a key opposition wicket only to find out that it wasn't only not out, it was nowhere near out.

And he talks too much. I don't need to hear "and he's started his run, and he's coming up, and now he's at the crease". I know what bowlers do. It goes against the whole "less is more" grain of cricket commentary that got me hooked in the first place.

Each to their own I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back