Jennings

Status
Not open for further replies.

It was a joke that he ever pulled on an England shirt in the first place. Leaving aside the politics of the qualifying criteria (which you can tell a few are uneasy with) perhaps he deserves the 7 tests that the likes of Lyth, Robson and Vince got though.

It was a joke that he ever pulled on an England shirt in the first place. Leaving aside the politics of the qualifying criteria (which you can tell a few are uneasy with) perhaps he deserves the 7 tests that the likes of Lyth, Robson and Vince got though.

Why was it a joke? What on earth you talking about?

He deserved his chance because of the runs he scored last season just as the lad from Lancashire did and they scored them at the right time as England where looking for top order batsmen. The huge concern about Jennings this season is not just the lack of runs but the number of times he has been bowled it is frightening. International batsmen don't keep getting their poles knocked over on a regular basis. I don't know if it is a technical problem or a mental problem but even for Durham he does not look the same player he was last season.

I think he believes that a South African that lived in SA all his life, captained his country of birth at Under 19 level shouldn't be able to rock up in another country, serve a 4 year qualifying period and play for England.

I don't feel as strongly about it as he does but I can certainly see why some people might think its a joke.

It is a joke and his fattha is a Twat.

Will never be a test player as long as he has a hole in his ass.

Oh, and for the record to keep you Durham lads happy (cos I am like that), Ballance is shocking and can go the same way

It is a joke and his fattha is a Twat.

Will never be a test player as long as he has a hole in his ass.

Oh, and for the record to keep you Durham lads happy (cos I am like that), Ballance is shocking and can go the same way

You can say arse y'knar Rip. Makes you sound less like a fucktard yank if you say the proper British terminology.

If Jennings is dropped then so be it, I feel it would be harsh on a lad who has 1 hundred and 1 fifty in four matches, because there are players who've done far less and been give far more opportunities but at present I really couldn't give a fuck with the whole Team England bollocks. Seems I'm not that arsed ever since the establishment raped us.

Be happy to have him back playing for Durham.

Durham > England.

You can say arse y'knar Rip. Makes you sound less like a fucktard yank if you say the proper British terminology.

If Jennings is dropped then so be it, I feel it would be harsh on a lad who has 1 hundred and 1 fifty in four matches, because there are players who've done far less and been give far more opportunities but at present I really couldn't give a fuck with the whole Team England bollocks. Seems I'm not that arsed ever since the establishment raped us.

Be happy to have him back playing for Durham.

Durham > England.

I have to admit I am a shit typo on me fone!

plus I can't stand the "Septics" me.

In two years time it's pretty feasible that you could have an England side featuring Ballance, Jennings and the two Currans. I don't feel any connection with that and you could tell that Agnew thought the same in his preview of the Mumbai test last winter.

People in Whickham/ Burnopfield/ Durham CC should be celebrating a lad making his England debut at the minute but he's being blocked by a South African. Poor IMO!

In two years time it's pretty feasible that you could have an England side featuring Ballance, Jennings and the two Currans. I don't feel any connection with that and you could tell that Agnew thought the same in his preview of the Mumbai test last winter.

People in Whickham/ Burnopfield/ Durham CC should be celebrating a lad making his England debut at the minute but he's being blocked by a South African. Poor IMO!
If you're talking about Stoneman being blocked by Jennings, I'd say you're wrong ..... he's being blocked by Balance who is of course a Zimbabwean. ;)

I can't be the only person to notice that whoever batsman we pick seems to be having difficulty making the step up to test match standard.

Meanwhile, we have practically replaced the entire ODI and T20I side in 2 years.

Maybe our strategy and coaching suck?

One of the Currans was born in the U.K. At least

Sam was born in Northampton;)

I can't be the only person to notice that whoever batsman we pick seems to be having difficulty making the step up to test match standard.

Meanwhile, we have practically replaced the entire ODI and T20I side in 2 years.

Maybe our strategy and coaching suck?
Agree mate. Seems to be the same theme with whoever we have brought in on the batting front in the last 3 yes or so

TMS have just said that Philander's record against Jennings this series is:
Deliveries...23
Runs Conceded..2
Wickets........3

Boycott giving the Durham coaching staff a right bollocking about Jennings' lack of technique.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back