James Anderson Watch in Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

All relative, if Bell had opened the batting all series would he have looked as good?. His record at number 3 would suggest not.

indeed it wouldnt

as per Rentaghost, the new ball in Australia, usually does a bit, hence why I thought Bell would get easy pickings at 6.

I knew Cook would do well

As I said many moons ago if Cook was South African or Indian we would be wanking in our pants about having a 25 year old with 17 test 100s (or 16) playing in world cricket

Cook will statistically go down as an all time great

indeed it wouldnt

as per Rentaghost, the new ball in Australia, usually does a bit, hence why I thought Bell would get easy pickings at 6.

As I said many moons ago if Cook was South African or Indian we would be wanking in our pants about having a 25 year old with 17 test 100s (or 16) playing in world cricket

I agree, he should break all batting records for England quite comfortably. What I like about him is that he seems to be the only England batsman, bar possibly Trott who has the patience to build a big innings and not let anything faze him in between. You can tell he's been well schooled by Gooch.

indeed it wouldnt

I had him pegged as our historical answer to Bradman ages ago. :cool: Well, earlier this afternoon anyway.

Bright blue skies
30 degrees
flattest of flat pitches

James Andersons second spell with the ball 25 over old of 7 5 5 2 was as good a display of mid to high eighties reverse swing bowling beating the bat on both sides I have seen since Wasim and Waqar.

The words of Michael Atherton.

Bright blue skies
30 degrees
flattest of flat pitches

James Andersons second spell with the ball 25 over old of 7 5 5 2 was as good a display of mid to high eighties reverse swing bowling beating the bat on both sides I have seen since Wasim and Waqar.

Great spell,
Swann holding up the other end allowed all 3 quicks to do thier job,Taking wickets.

Bright blue skies
30 degrees
flattest of flat pitches

Can't argue with that, that spell was just magnificent.

Although no doubt the 'what does Michael Atherton know about bowling' card will be played by EB. Either that or he'll go back to the Daily Fail combined XI which didn't include Anderson, and that will prove he is right.

Warne

"Jimmy Anderson, the pressure he has put on the top order batsmen, he's been the leader of the attack, the main reason england have been able to crunch australia. he really has bowled well. even the way he has fielded, the whole england team in the field, but Jimmy Anderson has been senational this series"

:cool::cool::cool:

Nasser and Warne can't decide between Jimmy and Cook for player of the series...... but both siding more with Jimmy 'cos bowlers win you tests matches' :cool::cool::cool:

Nasser and Warne can't decide between Jimmy and Cook for player of the series...... but both siding more with Jimmy 'cos bowlers win you tests matches' :cool::cool::cool:

Shane Warne knas nowt he was a spin bowler man essex boy said so

:roll:

Really, is there any need?

Jimmy Andersons performance in the 5 test series was world class. That should set EB's alarm clock going.

Every single need, him and Mitchell Johnson will probably be on the sydney harbour in a few hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back