James Anderson Watch in Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many quick bowlers in world cricket consistently get the best batsmen in the world out regularly on flat pitches :lol: Thats never been your criteria and it always changes as jimmy meet the criteria you set: You have shifted from:

1) Jimmy should be out, Saj is better - that was destroyed long ago
2) The true test is Jimmy in Australia - destroyed.
3) Jimmy has no Plan B - destroyed
4) We will never get to Number 1 with Jimmy in the side
5) I will admit i was wrong about Jimmy when he gets the best batsmen in the world out regularly on flat pitches.

He meets your criteria every time and then you change the criteria

I did not say Saj was better than Jimmy. I said Jimmy shouldnt be in the side, you said list alternatives, I said Saj was worth a go. That is a big difference, but lets not worry about facts.

I did say the true test was Australia but that was probably about two years ago I said that and clearly they are no longer.

Surely I can change my opinion like you have on Prior?

I did not say Saj was better than Jimmy. I said Jimmy shouldnt be in the side, you said list alternatives, I said Saj was worth a go. That is a big difference, but lets not worry about facts.

I did say the true test was Australia but that was probably about two years ago I said that and clearly they are no longer.

Surely I can change my opinion like you have on Prior?

You were saying Jimmy shouldnt be in the England team and that Saj should but you are sdaying Jimmy was better than Saj? What are you trying to spin here :confused:

You were emphasising the point that jimmy would be a failure in Aus right up to and including the beginning of this series. Why else would you have started this thread? Like the Prior thread you expected it to go well for you but it never does :)

essex boy said:
yep fair point. just a shame at Perth we leaked so many runs with the ball

Bowlers win games in test cricket you should know that. Your trying to pass the buck onto the batsman.

I have got about half way through this thread and not sure how it ends but I have to come in here.

1) Bowlers don't win test matches, teams do

2) Even taking your point that the bowlers let Australia score too many, you've blamed Anderson when he went for 2.7 runs an over across that Test, while Finn (your pick of the bowlers apparently) went for 5.1 an over and Swann went for 4.1. Bald facts show that while the bowlers did go for slightly too many runs, Jimmy was the least costly.

3) If all the bowlers had been as economical as Jimmy, Australia would have scored 124 runs less. We lost by 267 runs. Three of our top order batsmen managed a pathetic 54 runs between them over two innings. Only a madman or an idiot would absolve the batsmen of blame entirely as you have done.

4) This is your proof that Jimmy can't do it when he bowled with discipline throughout the first test for 2.7 and tied up an end for 42 overs allowing the big men at the other end the luxury of time and runs to extract bounce to take wickets, and only Finn filled his boots. You ignore his superb performance in the second test. I will read on to see if you give him any credit for the 4/44 he got in the 4th test and his generally going for under 3 runs an over and always getting wickets in each test. I dare not speculate what you will say about his 4 wickets at an economy of 2.2 an over in the first innings of the last test, his taking the most wickets in that match or his overall economy rate while taking 7 wickets in the match of 2.64 runs an over.

5) Anderson is England's leading wicket taker for the series. Finn was dropped you say? He still wouldn't have been leading bowler because he'd stopped taking so many after the first test and needs to work on his economy. Which he hopefully will, promising lad.

6) For someone who is so hot on the importance of bowlers in test cricket, you are clueless about their role. They have to capitalise when the wickets are coming, not go for too many runs, and when they're not coming, keep a good line and length and contain the opposition. Jimmy has done that in this series. He used to be wayward but he's upped his game. Anyone, anyone in the world who has watched him play, would agree with that statement. Except you.

7) You are a bellend and shit at arguing.

You were saying Jimmy shouldnt be in the England team and that Saj should but you are sdaying Jimmy was better than Saj? What are you trying to spin here :confused:

You were emphasising the point that jimmy would be a failure in Aus right up to and including the beginning of this series. Why else would you have started this thread? Like the Prior thread you expected it to go well for you but it never does :)

I have never said anything of the ilk. I said Jimmy shouldnt be in the side, you said list alternatives, I said Saj was worth a go.

Too many on here jump on the anti EB bangwagon, so even when right im wrong. Not the end of the world

Gonna stay of the cricket board for a while now. Ive come on here and taken my medicine. Just too many posters who ive never really engaged in conversation with b4 having a pop as well. Not really worth the hastle

Last edited:
I have never said anything of the ilk. I said Jimmy shouldnt be in the side, you said list alternatives, I said Saj was worth a go.

Too many on here jump on the anti EB bangwagon, so even when right im wrong. Not the end of the world

Gonna stay of the cricket board for a while now. Ive come on here and taken my medicine. Just too many posters who ive never really engaged in conversation with b4 having a pop as well. Not really worth the hastle

Puff :lol:

not at all

The Breen Machine
AndySAFC
Rentaghost
SC
Aleem Dar
Hutch
Collyftm
Toosb
EddyFinn
Twisted
Youmademerealise

the original cricket banter on Jimmy way back when, was with the above group. It was harmless banter, nothing personal, now its very personal and uncessary. I come on here for a laugh not to cop a load of abuse from posters who I dont know from adam but think its their place to jump on the bandwagon and start telling me they wish I would die.

There is a line

not at all

The Breen Machine
AndySAFC
Rentaghost
SC
Aleem Dar
Hutch
Collyftm
Toosb
EddyFinn
Twisted
Youmademerealise

the original cricket banter on Jimmy way back when, was with the above group. It was harmless banter, nothing personal, now its very personal and uncessary. I come on here for a laugh not to cop a load of abuse from posters who I dont know from adam but think its their place to jump on the bandwagon and start telling me they wish I would die.

There is a line

sorry forgot our resident mancunian/weather forecaster - Steak Pie ;)

Last edited:
not at all

The Breen Machine
AndySAFC
Rentaghost
SC
Aleem Dar
Hutch
Collyftm
Toosb
EddyFinn
Twisted
Youmademerealise

There is a line

There's the thick end of 750 posts and one numpty has said he hopes you die and others have called him a bellend man.

Stop being precious and f***ing admit you were wrang

There is a line
The thing is though everyone can accept differing opinions, but it's your arrogant and dismissive way of interacting with other posters that gets you into trouble. We all get that you think we will never be number 1 in the world with Anderson in our team, and while it's not the most absurd theory in the world your inability to give him any praise whatsoever borders on pathetic IMO.

And it's only one berk who has got personal in this whole thread. The rest have just been trying to make you see sense in regards to Jimmy and his world class bowling this series. ;)

The thing is though everyone can accept differing opinions, but it's your arrogant and dismissive way of interacting with other posters that gets you into trouble. We all get that you think we will never be number 1 in the world with Anderson in our team, and while it's not the most absurd theory in the world your inability to give him any praise whatsoever borders on pathetic IMO.

And it's only one berk who has got personal in this whole thread. The rest have just been trying to make you see sense in regards to Jimmy and his world class bowling this series. ;)

Nowt wrong with that as long as things dont get out of hand.
EB comes across a a complete wind up merchant whilst Slol sounds alick a complete bell end. But hey ho everyones different. i do recall times were I have been thought of a knob too but who gives a chuff, its only a message board FFS

Derek Pringle will be back soon with his unmissable World Cup predictions. Until then 'Seam, bruv."

What did Botham do? Swung the bat a few times and got lucky, then got even luckier once with the ball against tail end rabbits. We were humiliated that summer, man, against the worst Australian side for 20-30 years.

What did Botham do? Swung the bat a few times and got lucky, then got even luckier once with the ball against tail end rabbits. We were humiliated that summer, man, against the worst Australian side for 20-30 years.

:lol: Dear me.....there is a chap on here who posts, you would get on very well with.

not at all

The Breen Machine
AndySAFC
Rentaghost
SC
Aleem Dar
Hutch
Collyftm
Toosb
EddyFinn
Twisted
Youmademerealise

There is a line

Miffed I didn't post earlier in this thread and so was missed off. Reality is this discussion has been going for 18 months+.

Interesting to go back through some of the earlier posts and see whether EB has been proven right or wrong. It happens to all of us, but most are more dignified in accepting it.

Don't worry, Mainze, it's just that my lack of smileys made it look like a genuine opinion. :lol:

I still remember coming home from school on the Monday, England 140-odd for 7, Botham and Dilley at the crease, the Ashes more or less lost, no hope at all, only a miracle could save us ...

Don't worry, Mainze, it's just that my lack of smileys made it look like a genuine opinion. :lol:

I still remember coming home from school on the Monday, England 140-odd for 7, Botham and Dilley at the crease, the Ashes more or less lost, no hope at all, only a miracle could save us ...

Ahh good ;):lol:

The Sky Highlights and verdict show last night at 8 pm,Bob Willis and Alec Stuart marked all of the test squad out of ten for thier performances.
James Anderson,
Bob Willis 10 out of ten,
Alec Stuart 9.5 out of ten,
End of thread?

The Sky Highlights and verdict show last night at 8 pm,Bob Willis and Alec Stuart marked all of the test squad out of ten for thier performances.
James Anderson,
Bob Willis 10 out of ten,
Alec Stuart 9.5 out of ten,
End of thread?

Just backs up EB's argument, if he was that good he'd have gotten 10's off both of them :lol:

Just backs up EB's argument, if he was that good he'd have gotten 10's off both of them :lol:

:lol:

Bob was talking up the fact the English bowlers made reasonably flat Aussie pitches more responsive than the opposition, they tried to produce less spinner friendly wickets because they were weary of Swann's influence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back