James Anderson Watch in Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warne

"Jimmy Anderson, the pressure he has put on the top order batsmen, he's been the leader of the attack, the main reason england have been able to crunch australia. he really has bowled well. even the way he has fielded, the whole england team in the field, but Jimmy Anderson has been senational this series"

:cool::cool::cool:

Yes, but what about his performance in 2004, in bowler/batting friendly conditions, against world class/shite opposition?

Eh?

Eh?

Paul Newman - The Mail

"Five expensive wickets last time he was in Australia, but the leading wicket taker in the series and a genuine master of his art. Best bowler in the world? He's not far off."

The test series has now finished and i dont suppose that EB had the ODIs in mind so its probably a good time to assess his performance.

Biggest wickets haul in 50+ years in Australia
24 wickets in series at 26 a piece on pitches that England managed to score 500+ on in 4 tests out of 5
EBs accusation that he has 'no plan B' has been answered with superb reverse swing bowling in the last 2 tests judged by Michael Atherton as the best he has seen since Wasim and Waqar.
Nasser and Warne (wrongly IMO but nontheless) having him as joint man of the series.

Not everyone has to share the same views but to still beleive that Jimmy Anderson isnt good enough to be selected for England on flat pitches is almost insane.

Not everyone has to share the same views but to still beleive that Jimmy Anderson isnt good enough to be selected for England on flat pitches is almost insane.

Give it up as a bad job man. It's pretty clear how well Jimmy has done, the only real question is whether he can maintain the level of the last 18 months or so. If he can, he'll reach world number one at some point, and that will hurt. :-D

EB is making himself look a bit of a tit and the abuse is coming from all sides now, time to bow out.

The test series has now finished and i dont suppose that EB had the ODIs in mind so its probably a good time to assess his performance.

24 wickets in series at 26 a piece on pitches that England managed to score 500+ on in 4 tests out of 5
EBs accusation that he has 'no plan B' has been answered with superb reverse swing bowling in the last 2 tests judged by Michael Atherton as the best he has seen since Wasim and Waqar.
Nasser and Warne (wrongly IMO but nontheless) having him as joint man of the series.

Out of Bangladesh, Pakistan & Australia. There are two batsman in the worlds top 20. Your right I did make a point of Jimmy not being able to get top batsman out on flat pitches. When he has started getting top batsman out on flat pitches and is doing it on a consistent basis I will admit I am wrong.

Its embarassing people wanking over beating a very poor Aussie side like this. Enjoy the victory but they are hardly the flag bearer in world cricket anymore.

Our attack is one dimensional and will get found out when we come up against some of the better test sides.

It says a lot when Bresnan, who many on here have questioned wether he is test class has looked a world beater in Australia

Give it up as a bad job man. It's pretty clear how well Jimmy has done, the only real question is whether he can maintain the level of the last 18 months or so. If he can, he'll reach world number one at some point, and that will hurt. :-D

EB is making himself look a bit of a tit and the abuse is coming from all sides now, time to bow out.

Unfortunately, to be number one he would have to average 25 every series including the worlds best like Steyn is currently doing

Jimmy was about 35-40 in SA from memory

To be the best you have to beat the best

About sums it up for me.
And I would suggest 99.9% of the English test cricket watching public.
The summary post match this morning from messers,Botham,Atherton,Hussain,Llyod and Holding was fantastic,when they were sat in the empty stand was fantastic.Cricketing greats giving praise and impartial analysis into each and everyone of the teams performance.
They all salute you Jimmy,well done .

Out of Bangladesh, Pakistan & Australia. There are two batsman in the worlds top 20. Your right I did make a point of Jimmy not being able to get top batsman out on flat pitches. When he has started getting top batsman out on flat pitches and is doing it on a consistent basis I will admit I am wrong.

Its embarassing people wanking over beating a very poor Aussie side like this. Enjoy the victory but they are hardly the flag bearer in world cricket anymore.

Our attack is one dimensional and will get found out when we come up against some of the better test sides.

It says a lot when Bresnan, who many on here have questioned wether he is test class has looked a world beater in Australia

Whats more embarrasing is your lack of respect for a comprehensive and convincing performance,hardly everyone "wanking" as you maturely put it.

Unfortunately, to be number one he would have to average 25 every series including the worlds best like Steyn is currently doing

Whats more embarrasing is your lack of respect for a comprehensive and convincing performance,hardly everyone "wanking" as you maturely put it

Would hardly say anyone was wanking just acknowledging a good series for Anderson, Hilfenhaus, Siddle and Bollinger could not bowl in the same conditions.

Whats more embarrasing is your lack of respect for a comprehensive and convincing performance,hardly everyone "wanking" as you maturely put it[/QUOTE]

enjoying the victory but not getting carried away, some on here are acting like we have beat the 2007 side

Whats more embarrasing is your lack of respect for a comprehensive and convincing performance,hardly everyone "wanking" as you maturely put it

enjoying the victory but not getting carried away, some on here are acting like we have beat the 2007 side[/QUOTE]

Yeah I agree their are not in the same class as that side but its still a huge achievement to win in Australia.

enjoying the victory but not getting carried away, some on here are acting like we have beat the 2007 side

Yeah I agree their are not in the same class as that side but its still a huge achievement to win in Australia.[/QUOTE]

a commendable achievement

beating them in 2005 was a far bigger achivement

How many quick bowlers in world cricket consistently get the best batsmen in the world out regularly on flat pitches :lol: Thats never been your criteria and it always changes as jimmy meet the criteria you set: You have shifted from:

1) Jimmy should be out, Saj is better - that was destroyed long ago
2) The true test is Jimmy in Australia - destroyed.
3) Jimmy has no Plan B - destroyed
4) We will never get to Number 1 with Jimmy in the side
5) I will admit i was wrong about Jimmy when he gets the best batsmen in the world out regularly on flat pitches.

He meets your criteria every time and then you change the criteria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back