Jacky Whites Market

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's awful. Fair enough people work there but people work in all sorts of awful places.

Its got its own unique flavour. I can't stand the cheap pissy perfume smells in the big chemists but still go in if they have something I need.
Not saying it doesn't stink though.

Stank of fish for as long as I can remember. My sister and I used to hold our breath as we walked through.

If the fish mongers closed I think it would still stink of fish in a decade.

That's the main shop in there
Was in there today got a good range of chinese stuff
Had out of date Peking sauce for 10p bbe July 2014 nowt wrong with thAt
Before Xmas 5 small bags of tyrells crips that I'll be a pund son
Fish stall looks canny is it Parkers who used to be opposite the lesuire centre

Love the smell of the place.
Same here. There's a strange allure to the unmistakable smell of fish and raw meat combined. I boff great lungfulls of the aroma on the odd times I venture in to get angel off byker grove to hoy a new battery in my watch. Not quite vaux brewery levels of loveliness, but not far off.

Same here. There's a strange allure to the unmistakable smell of fish and raw meat combined. I boff great lungfulls of the aroma on the odd times I venture in to get angel off byker grove to hoy a new battery in my watch. Not quite vaux brewery levels of loveliness, but not far off.

Nice to see some others appreciate the place.
They wont know what they've got til its gone and we are all reminiscing.

Me and my ex lass used to call it Jacky Whites Stinky Market. It's awful now and it always has been.
I've just read your post out to the wife and now she wants us to have a special name for the place too.
'Skunkie Black and Whites stinky like Newcastle' is the best we've come up with, catchy and witty.

It needs revamped but it would be sad to see it go

Grainger Market is similar and that is really busy
Likewise the one in Leeds And even the one in Durham

Sunderland folk will complain when it is here
And then complain when it is gone :-(

Always worth a wander in to see Joanne on the bag stall
She was lush in her teenage years at the Ice Rink

Used to love the place as a kid. Its unique and quirky and feels like stepping back in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back