Jacky Whites Market

Some right "up me'sell, I've moved on from what Sunderland is" wankers on here. Jacky White's is what it is, a cheap alternative for those that want it there.

If you want anodyne, faceless corporacy, fuck off to the Metrocentre or whatever.

Use to be such a lovely place anarl...
Could buy Tripe and Pig's Trotters fresh off the marble counter...
Mr & Mrs Ibbottson selling their baked Pease Pudding off trays in the northern doorway...
Opposite that lovely cafe selling milky tea and Prides' Iron-O-Boats...
Henry Hall selling morning fresh vegies...
Ah... the Memories...

Were you born in the Victorian era?

Were you born in the Victorian era?

Just to repeat me'self...
Ah say; Just to repeat me'self...

I was ony a bairn then, man... 6 or 7... Can still remember shopping in there wimmee Ma...
Ah was a favourite of Mr and Mrs Ibbottson: they use to gerruz standing on their trellis table and singing "Once I built a railroad, to the Sky... Bricks and Mortar and Lime..." And Ah use to purra reet grunt in me voice when Ah got to the part "Twenty Thousand boots went marching through hell... And I was the man with the gun..." Use to give me Ma two-pennyworth of Pease Pudding when Ah finished...

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/jacky-whites-market.1025466/page-4#ixzz3Pjjzh4qB

Absolutely everything for sale in there, from sweets to cloth. It all smells of meat.

This was once the life and soul of Sunderland city centre. Now it is a complete shambles, with horrible store owners picking on the less fortunate who don't buy their products. The meat in the butchers in there is also of very poor quality. The place needs gutted and replaced with a Next store.

Always been a crappy place IMO

Part of the town, people use it and needs to be kept open as long as it remains profitable for the stallholders.
Matty Thorburn's stall is a little goldmine - never empty.

Back