Jacks after match comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

He's still planning for "a period in every game when we come under pressure". It's making the players paranoid about that specific period in the game and that's why they go back and panic. For fucks sake change the attitude, just take it play by play man, don't get stuck you're inviting you're own demise.
Knows he's about finished. He has to improve and quickly or he's gone.
Written all over his mug but he's still hoping his only "system" will work as he has nothing else. Kinder all round to end it soon.

Last edited:
Thinking defensively and inevitably you will concede, as shown last night. Being positive and go out with an intent to score a second and possibly a third will give you s better chance on winning.

We’re 4th in terms of fewest shots conceded but 11th in terms of goals conceded per game. Basically the opposition need fewer chances to score against us than any other team in the top half.

Our attack is now almost the second worst in the league. We’ve had 62 shots on goal. Only Portsmouth (60) and Bolton (29) are worse.

We’re a f***ing shambles all over the pitch

If he wants to know how to keep clean sheets I’ll offer my advice from ten years of coaching kids football!

When the opposition start getting a foothold in the game don’t sit back and try to absorb pressure giving them even more possession in our half. Get the word onto the pitch to go at them, close them down high up the pitch and turnover possession in their half, the crowd reacts and lifts the team more giving them the added energy they lack. Time after time, season after season we’ve sat back and tried to defend with ten men behind the ball and it has NEVER worked.

Oh and I’ll say it one more time tonight, get them to be the fittest team in the league not the least fit.
We did this for the first half of last season, with the high energy, high press system, that served us so well.
We suffocated teams in their own half of the pitch, we attacked teams at will, we played good football, and looked full of ideas and goals.
This successful system, was abandoned by Ross, midway through last season, and we badly lost our way, and the football became turgid.

We did this for the first half of last season, with the high energy, high press system, that served us so well.
We suffocated teams in their own half of the pitch, we attacked teams at will, we played good football, and looked full of ideas and goals.
This successful system, was abandoned by Ross, midway through last season, and we badly lost our way, and the football became turgid.

It was abandoned when McGeady came back from injury. After that he started to take the lazy way out and just got our players to give him the ball and hope for the best.

I'd like to ask him what is the difference between us and Luton last year. Luton dominated games. They went out from the first minute and kept going for the full game and certainly played well more than the 50% of games that Ross thinks we are (which is incorrect). He accepts that we need to get better but seems totally unsure of how to achieve this. I have a feeling this is going to be like Ground Hog Day until he pops off.

Individual mistakes by players last night cost us but take the point that we were not strong enough or fit enough too.

Results business and with the new investment we have to improve otherwise the manager and players can have few complaints if they are replaced.

it's about credibility.
Managers have to keep owners, players and fans believing that their way will deliver results.
And he's had more than enough time and chances to prove that his way works and more than enough time and chances to prove that he can learn from previous mistakes......

I genuinely would not be sad to see this clown go. As most have said, it would appear we have not learned from last season, we still can not keep clean sheets, we still draw games against poor opposition and the Peterborough game was enough to show we are still short in this league

Let him go now and save our season

I used to quite like him but bored of him now. Tedious. Pretty much the same speech after every game. He doesn't smile much. Can't imagine him being very motivational. He has to go.

At the minute our whole game plan revolves around McGeady having a good game and pulling out a wonder strike or hoping that the opposition are shitter than we are.

We play really well for the odd 5 minute spell each game, play ok for the odd 10 minute spell and then diabolical for the rest.

If he wants to know how to keep clean sheets I’ll offer my advice from ten years of coaching kids football!

When the opposition start getting a foothold in the game don’t sit back and try to absorb pressure giving them even more possession in our half. Get the word onto the pitch to go at them, close them down high up the pitch and turnover possession in their half, the crowd reacts and lifts the team more giving them the added energy they lack. Time after time, season after season we’ve sat back and tried to defend with ten men behind the ball and it has NEVER worked.

Oh and I’ll say it one more time tonight, get them to be the fittest team in the league not the least fit.

You keep lots of clean sheets as a kids coach, you must play some bloody awful teams.
Well I assume you do bigging yourself up.

He completely lost the plot and keeps talking shit about fans.
This awful football will get us up only by a miracle. And if such miracle happens, imagine seeing us in the Championship under Ross. I hope the new owners put their man in place, it's the worst football in club's history.
Ross must go, had enough chances to create something.

I've already said it once, hes forever close to achieving our ambitions but always misses out by a fraction. I do worry that we are going to sit at 3rd or 4th all season with games in hand again due to international breaks and then blow it again.

If I was be rational for a moment and I was the Chairman I would not sack him at present, but I would set a time period, kept to myself, of getting into top 2 and staying in top 2, cementing top 2 demonstrates some improvement on last season.

I'd probably be looking at 5 games.

My personal gut feel is that it's not going to change, but I think SD will give him a while yet.

I don't see him going anywhere soon, or before the end of the season.
Unless results drop off the cliff and we are well off the pace in the promotion race.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back