Jacks after match comments

If he wants to know how to keep clean sheets I’ll offer my advice from ten years of coaching kids football!

When the opposition start getting a foothold in the game don’t sit back and try to absorb pressure giving them even more possession in our half. Get the word onto the pitch to go at them, close them down high up the pitch and turnover possession in their half, the crowd reacts and lifts the team more giving them the added energy they lack. Time after time, season after season we’ve sat back and tried to defend with ten men behind the ball and it has NEVER worked.

Oh and I’ll say it one more time tonight, get them to be the fittest team in the league not the least fit.
Lol I think it’s a bit more complicated than that, mate

Lol I think it’s a bit more complicated than that, mate
Obviously must be as we’ve tried so long without being any good at it.
Funnily enough Peterborough play similar to how I’ve described and keep a few more clean sheets than us, seems to work well there.

We simply don't get enough players up the pitch when we attack. He's also got this fascination with bringing everyone back for free kicks and corners so when we do clear it comes straight back.

Also doesn't help when players start fannying about taking penalties mind.

"I need to get better at it and we need to as a team."

I’d love to know what they do on the training pitch with regards to defensive structure. When Allardyce came in (for example but same for any defensive manager really) you could see that they were well drilled, body positions were all spot on and the shape of the team was excellent. We just look like a bag of shite at the back.

Ipswich got dicked last season, have came down & have only conceded 4 goals this season. Before today Peterborough had only faced 1 shot on target in 4 games and had beat us 3-0/Rochdale 6-0!
Trained well this week man. Didnt you know. We always train well but then again he always says we play well so we probably train like c.unts aswell

I've already said it once, hes forever close to achieving our ambitions but always misses out by a fraction. I do worry that we are going to sit at 3rd or 4th all season with games in hand again due to international breaks and then blow it again.

If I was be rational for a moment and I was the Chairman I would not sack him at present, but I would set a time period, kept to myself, of getting into top 2 and staying in top 2, cementing top 2 demonstrates some improvement on last season.

I'd probably be looking at 5 games.

My personal gut feel is that it's not going to change, but I think SD will give him a while yet.

Last edited:
"tough game against a good side"...... The thing is, they weren't a good side. When we pressed and hassled them they were diabolical at the back and we should've been out of sight. Then we missed the pen, everyone's heads dropped and we just stopped doing anything.

They might have been "good" in his eyes...... but we should be better. I don't expect to win every week, but I'd like for once to be convincing or play well for 90 minutes rather than for 20-30 and scrape by for the rest against teams which in reality offer very little.
They were absolutely dreadful like. As bad as any team I’ve seen here. To any Rotherham fans that may be reading this apologies if that sounds like sour grapes but it’s true, that said they still absolutely dominated the last 60 mins. They were bigger and stronger than us but a semi decent side would have buried us. We looked to have the better individuals, based on the first 25, but they were a far better team, fitter and hungrier.

Not thought this before but sack him now. We’re a great club and in a decent position in the league with players way too good on paper for league 1. Absolutely no reason to stick with the management we have it’s holding us back. If anyone disagrees I despair.

Back