Jacks after match comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've already said it once, hes forever close to achieving our ambitions but always misses out by a fraction. I do worry that we are going to sit at 3rd or 4th all season with games in hand again due to international breaks and then blow it again.

If I was be rational for a moment and I was the Chairman I would not sack him at present, but I would set a time period, kept to myself, of getting into top 2 and staying in top 2, cementing top 2 demonstrates some improvement on last season.

I'd probably be looking at 5 games.

My personal gut feel is that it's not going to change, but I think SD will give him a while yet.
I agree

i'd also play during international breaks regardless of call ups

I feel he has half a point when he implies there is extra pressure and expectations upon us to smash teams aside that don't exist elsewhere in the league. You see it on here all the time - the call for us to just go gung-ho and attack without doing the basics well and earning the right to play.

But.

His inability to read a game in front of him better than many fans in the f***ing ground and his total inability to come up with a clear strategy - like knowing his best f***ing team and formation - after eighteen months is damning and my patience is starting to wear thin. It's difficult to see it changing. He's starting to look clueless.

I always said I liked Ross and wanted him to succeed but the Peterborough result woke me up a couple of weeks ago, we can't even seem to play well half a game anymore never mind the full 90 minutes, my opinion I think he is starting to lose the dressing room, the sitting back defending a lead and not pushing on is delaying the obvious that would happen, we would concede, too many times this is happening, players have to take resposibility but so does the manager with his tactics, his team he picks.

Sure we are 4th but this season seems so much similar to last and the way it going we will come up short in the playoffs again, we have had 8 games now and I said he needs at least 10 games. our next 6-7 games in the league are winnable, pressure is on Ross and with the new owners coming in he needs to start delivering, putting some teams to the sword and stop these draws or he will get the boot. I hope he does prove me wrong and we gain promotion automatically but I'm starting to doubt that we will under him.

Bolton on Saturday will most likely be Ross's watershed,lose that and it's got to be goodbye,what worries me is if we struggle,but get three points,will that be enough to give him a lifeline,probably a tough decision for Donald to make either way,should have gone tonight after that non performance,in my opinion like

I don’t think he does mind - in fact he is better than what I expected. He will, however, know he is under immense pressure and needs a win on Saturday.

Fail to beat Bolton and he time will nearly be up

Look at interviews from last year and compare.
Also when you start blaming expectations, you know you’re on borrowed time.

If he wants to know how to keep clean sheets I’ll offer my advice from ten years of coaching kids football!

When the opposition start getting a foothold in the game don’t sit back and try to absorb pressure giving them even more possession in our half. Get the word onto the pitch to go at them, close them down high up the pitch and turnover possession in their half, the crowd reacts and lifts the team more giving them the added energy they lack. Time after time, season after season we’ve sat back and tried to defend with ten men behind the ball and it has NEVER worked.

Oh and I’ll say it one more time tonight, get them to be the fittest team in the league not the least fit.
He recognises it Ross in what he says. I agree with his analysis of his own and his teams faults. But you’re right. Get it forward - into the corners if necessary then get up press and hassle with energy. Wim the ball up there and you have an attack. He sits deeper and tries to break but it just simply isn’t working and if we don’t believe in it neither will the players.
He thinks we are doing well enough going forward. What an idiot.

We are so easy to play against
If his side could keep a clean sheet we are doing well enough. If we could stop conceding shit goals we’d be at least 6 points better off and top.

Last edited:
He recognises it Ross in what he says. I agree with his analysis of his own and his teams faults. But you’re right. Get it forward - into the corners if necessary then get up press and hassle with energy. Wim the ball up there and you have an attack. He sits deeper and tries to break but it just simply isn’t working and if we don’t believe in it neither will the players.

If his side could keep a clean sheet we are doing well enough. If we could stop conceding shit goals we’d be at least 6 points better off and top.
Thinking defensively and inevitably you will concede, as shown last night. Being positive and go out with an intent to score a second and possibly a third will give you s better chance on winning.

If he wants to know how to keep clean sheets I’ll offer my advice from ten years of coaching kids football!

When the opposition start getting a foothold in the game don’t sit back and try to absorb pressure giving them even more possession in our half. Get the word onto the pitch to go at them, close them down high up the pitch and turnover possession in their half, the crowd reacts and lifts the team more giving them the added energy they lack. Time after time, season after season we’ve sat back and tried to defend with ten men behind the ball and it has NEVER worked.

Oh and I’ll say it one more time tonight, get them to be the fittest team in the league not the least fit.
Absolute basics here that Ross has no clue about.

Thinking defensively and inevitably you will concede, as shown last night. Being positive and go out with an intent to score a second and possibly a third will give you s better chance on winning.
I think it’s probably as much that his players have stopped believing they have the right strategy and freeze. Either way it needs to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back