Jack Ross...16 Games Left As SAFC Manager?

In terms of obvious sackings ovee the past 40 years I'll raise you MON, Steve Bruce, Gus Poyet, Chris Coleman, Simon Grayson, Peter Reid , Howard Wilkinson, Mick McCarthy, Lawrie mackenemy all deserved to be sacked.

OP has presumably only been to recent games.
Which of our managers was sacked after the pools panel result? Buxton iirc.

The owners will stubbornly hang fire till October before sacking him but this is the most obvious sacking waiting to happen I have known in 40 odd year. We have wasted a complete summer by not being ruthless, he should have gone after bottling Wembley.

Ross always comes across as easy going and relaxed regarding the players he has and needs to work with, whether it's true behind the scenes I've no idea, but it stands out. As much as they've said they think he's the right man given all he had to deal with last season, then they also know a new man, a bigger name, would have likely wanted more backing in the transfer market.

Which of our managers was sacked after the pools panel result? Buxton iirc.

Crosby. Away to Tranmere wasn't it? think it may even have been a draw :)

In terms of obvious sackings ovee the past 40 years I'll raise you MON, Steve Bruce, Gus Poyet, Chris Coleman, Simon Grayson, Peter Reid , Howard Wilkinson, Mick McCarthy, Lawrie mackenemy all deserved to be sacked.

OP has presumably only been to recent games.
I am not the OP but I think I get where your coming from. The point I was making was that a huge chunk of our support ( me included) have no faith in Ross and believe he should have been sacked after Wembley. I think it’s obvious what’s going to happen over the next couple of month and no one will be surprised if and when he gets the bullet around October. The list of managers you quoted I personally don’t recall going into a summer period fully anticipating them getting the bullet a few months into the season.

It's really annoying the posters on this thread who are genuinely hoping we get off to a slow start. Offer them played 10 won 10 or played 10 won 5 drew 3 lost 2 and theyd take the 2nd option. Utter arseholes.
Your talking out your arse. No SAFC fan wants us to get off to a slow start.

Last edited:
They will sack him when no investment in the transfer market is permitted should it not start well and the compensation has reduced. A person who knows the ropes would be a hero if he got us promoted from a pub league which would be tempting and not that difficult for the right candidate. Don't forget your boots Kev.

They will sack him when no investment in the transfer market is permitted should it not start well and the compensation has reduced. A person who knows the ropes would be a hero if he got us promoted from a pub league which would be tempting and not that difficult for the right candidate. Don't forget your boots Kev.
I agree with your first two sentences, shame you spoiled your post with the last one.

Not even that imo.
The 100 points target will be referenced every step of the way.
we have 7 games in August. If we don’t have 5 wins at a minimum the pressure will be significant.
Saying something like that must mean we're going to be ambitious about going up...

Maybe it means buying the best players in this league?

That's what most would assume if your target is 100+ points

It's really annoying the posters on this thread who are genuinely hoping we get off to a slow start. Offer them played 10 won 10 or played 10 won 5 drew 3 lost 2 and theyd take the 2nd option. Utter arseholes.
Do you write fictional stories for a living?

Last edited:
Saying something like that must mean we're going to be ambitious about going up...

Maybe it means buying the best players in this league?

That's what most would assume if your target is 100+ points

Do you write fictional stories for a living?
No mate, you have the wrong poster there.

After reading some of the posts I’ve been reading for the last couple of months I get the distinct impression that being right is more important to some posters than supporting the club. I hope I’m wrong but that is how its coming across.

The usual suspects would want him out if he wasnt an instant success. If SKP ever manages this club he is mental. Club legend but will be hounded out like everybody else, its what our fans do.

I just don't think it's sensible to keep sacking managers. That's what we've been doing for years and it's got us no where at all. It's not always just down to the manager. Sometimes having a bit of faith and allowing a manager to learn and develop within the club is a better solution. Until the last six games of last season we were looking good for promotion. I think there's enough to build on here.

I think it's down to JR himself. Ditch the negative tactics of trying to defend leads, have the balls to drop 'favourites' like Honeyman, Wyke and Gooch and don't worry about playing some kids for decent periods not just last 3 mins ! He fucked up badly towards the end of the season and lost it completely in the play off final so he's brought on a lot of the 'frustration' himself. He really has the answer in his own hands. If he doesn't shake up the current squad (over to you SD) and introduce more pace and fire power then unfortunately I think he will end up in a hole. I really want him to succeed because the constant merry go round of managers is not the answer. If he has the potential to make it work he has to have learned from his and his squads shortcomings from last season. To simply think all he has to do is try and shore up the defence would be folly IMO because even a better defense can't cope with constant pressure caused by a weak midfield.

Back