Jack Ross...16 Games Left As SAFC Manager?

Yeah , the club was in turmoil, debted up to the eyeballs, or even above the eyebrows. Years of relegation fights and players (if you can call them that), refusing to play whilst picking up 70k wages. New owners come in and work hard sorting finances out. Manager moves down from Scotland with his family and has to adapt straight away and set about quickly assembling a team. Lot of the team were too good for Div 1 so he would have basics of good side........wrong, they were still reeling from relegation and had little confidence.

I hope to fuck he shoves it down the folk throats all over threads hoping he fails........

I hope he does anarl but with half a dozen or so games to go we had a game in hand on the leaders and were in the runners up position. We ended up fifth. That’s a collapse in anyone’s book. Yet you say that before the collapse the players were still reeling from relegation after 40 league games and donkey cup run and FA and FL Cup games.
We finished fifth in a one horse race.

Yeah , the club was in turmoil, debted up to the eyeballs, or even above the eyebrows. Years of relegation fights and players (if you can call them that), refusing to play whilst picking up 70k wages. New owners come in and work hard sorting finances out. Manager moves down from Scotland with his family and has to adapt straight away and set about quickly assembling a team. Lot of the team were too good for Div 1 so he would have basics of good side........wrong, they were still reeling from relegation and had little confidence.

I hope to fuck he shoves it down the folk throats all over threads hoping he fails........

I’m behind Ross and want him to stay

But saying things like moved down from Scotland with his family is totally and utterly irrelevant

He could have moved from North Korea, his job is to win games, what’s going on outside that isn’t important

Useless.. are you for real... we finished 5th last season, played shit football with the biggest budget this tin pot league has ever had and failed miserably. I repeat Jack Ross is f***ing useless.

Budget means nowt.. its about building a winning team in this league. We're in the process. Agree the football isnt great to watch a lot of the time but we came so close to going up first time. He deserves another crack.

Yet you're now banging on saying it's Donald's fault for not spending? Make your mind up man.
That was then this is now, it’s abundantly clear we need a tall physical midfielder, big bustling centre back, quality number 10 and agile striker, none of have been forthcoming.
Ross still did a terrible job last year in the end and showed no signs whatsoever of learning from his mistakes. Think it goes without saying a bad start and Ross is out so we still need to add quality this summer. Money wise last season I can’t fault the owners last season in terms of fees but a lot has changed since then, he and Methven owe us 20 million, they’ve attempted to palm him off, have got rid of 4 of the 7 highest earners yet we are very lacking in numbers.

That was then this is now, it’s abundantly clear we need a tall physical midfielder, big bustling centre back, quality number 10 and agile striker, none of have been forthcoming.
Ross still did a terrible job last year in the end and showed no signs whatsoever of learning from his mistakes. Think it goes without saying a bad start and Ross is out so we still need to add quality this summer. Money wise last season I can’t fault the owners last season in terms of fees but a lot has changed since then, he and Methven owe us 20 million, they’ve attempted to palm him off, have got rid of 4 of the 7 highest earners yet we are very lacking in numbers.
He needs to earn his corn. People were saying that he should have took us up last season. There's a a starting 11 in that squad good enough to get promoted and his job to find it. Signing 10+ players every summer is no good man.

He needs to earn his corn. People were saying that he should have took us up last season. There's a a starting 11 in that squad good enough to get promoted and his job to find it. Signing 10+ players every summer is no good man.
Agreed but we fundamentally lack height in the middle and that’s not something that can be conquered up by a tactical shift, a midfielder with a physical presence is a must. Whether we need another number 10 I guess is debatable on the other hand, I feel we need to make quality signings to mask the managers ineptitude, let’s face it that’s what McGeady and McLaughlin did last season.

Sadly, I think JR is a dead man walking.
With the squad as it is, I cannot see us top 2, top 6 yes, but that is just not good enough.
Hope I'm wrong.

Back