Jack Ross...16 Games Left As SAFC Manager?

I think it's down to JR himself. Ditch the negative tactics of trying to defend leads, have the balls to drop 'favourites' like Honeyman, Wyke and Gooch and don't worry about playing some kids for decent periods not just last 3 mins ! He fucked up badly towards the end of the season and lost it completely in the play off final so he's brought on a lot of the 'frustration' himself. He really has the answer in his own hands. If he doesn't shake up the current squad (over to you SD) and introduce more pace and fire power then unfortunately I think he will end up in a hole. I really want him to succeed because the constant merry go round of managers is not the answer. If he has the potential to make it work he has to have learned from his and his squads shortcomings from last season. To simply think all he has to do is try and shore up the defence would be folly IMO because even a better defense can't cope with constant pressure caused by a weak midfield.
An excellent post.

My boy Harry for starters would love it. There's others who are desperate for Ross to be sacked and will absolutely wallow in it if we're 8th or something after 6 games. You know as well as I do there's people on here desperate to be proved right.
I’m desperate for Jack Ross to leave as I think he’s utter shite. I would be delighted to be proved wrong because that would be we fly out of the traps and push on. Some have blind faith- I don’t. Have you seen anything to give you hope since the play off debacle?

This wont go down well but thats fine.

As it is now looking highly unlikely that we will automatically go up Ross has 3 games left in this division this season. If, as expected, we do not go up automatically, then he has maximum 3 games in the play offs.

If we bladder the play offs and 10 games into next season we are not top and winning our home games with a degree of comfort...can anyone see him being here 11 games into next season?

Knowing what we know about football being a results orientated business and the acute pressure he would be under at SAFC given the above.....how long does this bloke have left if he fucks it up? Lets say we are 6th; 11 games into next season, can anyone see him being here at that point? No chance.

Couldnt care less what anyone says but we cannot under any circumstances hang around this horrendous division for anymore than this season and next. Cant be contemplated.

Ross has to deliver.
16 games you say? Your final paragraph states “anymore than this season and next”.

But contradictory?

I think as long as we stay within touching distance of the playoffs he'll not be sacked.

I believe he signed a 2-year deal with an automatic 1-year extension should we get promoted, which sounds about perfect for me.

I’m desperate for Jack Ross to leave as I think he’s utter shite. I would be delighted to be proved wrong because that would be we fly out of the traps and push on. Some have blind faith- I don’t. Have you seen anything to give you hope since the play off debacle?
Well nowts changed since the playoffs so I can't really answer the question, we haven't played any competitive games. I like Ross and hope he delivers us promotion this season.

Neither has any other young manager starting out. We’ve made a decision to go with someone who the owners think has what it takes and is on the up, no point in changing him for someone else as you’ve got to the give the bloke some time imho. Changing the manager perpetually doesn’t work. Why do you think we’ll get if we change btw?
Bowyer did ok

I think it's down to JR himself. Ditch the negative tactics of trying to defend leads, have the balls to drop 'favourites' like Honeyman, Wyke and Gooch and don't worry about playing some kids for decent periods not just last 3 mins ! He fucked up badly towards the end of the season and lost it completely in the play off final so he's brought on a lot of the 'frustration' himself. He really has the answer in his own hands. If he doesn't shake up the current squad (over to you SD) and introduce more pace and fire power then unfortunately I think he will end up in a hole. I really want him to succeed because the constant merry go round of managers is not the answer. If he has the potential to make it work he has to have learned from his and his squads shortcomings from last season. To simply think all he has to do is try and shore up the defence would be folly IMO because even a better defense can't cope with constant pressure caused by a weak midfield.
Spot on. Teams did fear us and if we pushed on them we would have pulled them to bits.
He couldn’t handle it. Maybe this season he’s a little more aggressive

Time for Ross to fuckoff
Unfortunately we don’t have a god given right to be walking this league. It’s going to take time to get a team together with the right mix of quality (to get out of this league), brawn (severely lacking in this squad), a defence that can defend, a couple of strikers who can score and leaders on the pitch. We are a few transfer windows away from that and in all ikelihood will lose some top earners. It might take a couple of years looking at some of our performances this season. FTM
Will he get 10 games?
Didnt take long. You must be delighted.
I know exactly what the craic is

Last edited:
There’s little point letting him run into next season unless he can convince the regime that he can see where it’s gone wrong for us this season (poor recruitment, gameplan consisting of ‘give it to Geads’, lack of modern approach in playing style and ignorance of analytics). However there little point in him knowing where it’s gone wrong this season if the regime couldn’t understand that if it was staring them in the face. I don’t have much confidence that Donald can appoint a better manager - and even less that the way the club is currently set up would be any more able to produce success with a new manager than it is with Ross.
Looks like I nailed it back in April, lads.

Back