Jack Grealish signs new 5 year deal with Villa

• Thread starter Deleted member 45378
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

There’s no denying he’s a talent however when you see players such as Wener going for around £40m and you compare it to the prices being touted for young English players (i.e Watkins) it’s no wonder he’s staying put. Also, Tottenham aside, most of the top 6 have an abundance of players in his position, the majority of which are probably just as good or better.
And I doubt he would fit in/want to fit in with any side managed by Mourinho.

Is it being loyal or people don't want to pay money they want

I'll bet he's well rewarded at Villa. I suppose you could class him as a modern day talisman for them. You don't tend to get hat these days.

Remember Serie A in the 90s when each club seemed to have a player play for them who you couldn't see moving? Class.

He's a talent, he had a very good season last season. I'm surprised he hasn't left this summer for a better club though. Fair play for staying loyal.
Great decision from him to stay loyal to Villa and a 5 year deal at prem8ier wages can't be bad either. Gives the media fuck all to talk about as well, he's had a rough deal from those lot.

They'll have offered him big money, around £100k a week at least. It's a good deal for him, more money and a chance to keep building on what he's done in the last couple of years whilst playing for his club.

I'm slightly puzzled by some of the comments both here and on other club's messageboards.

He can't really win. If he goes to be a squad player at one of the Manchester clubs for instance, he will be looked at one that goes after the money. One that has no loyalty or belief he can make a difference where he is. If he stays he has no ambition, isn't good enough for the CL bla bla.

Personally I think he's a generational talent. He's really that good. The idea he isn't good enough for the top 6 or CL is just nonsense. I've seen some very good players for Villa in my life time, and he's up there with the best.

This contract doesn't mean we won't lose him in the future, but possibly we can't get a better deal if that happens.

I'm slightly puzzled by some of the comments both here and on other club's messageboards.

He can't really win. If he goes to be a squad player at one of the Manchester clubs for instance, he will be looked at one that goes after the money. One that has no loyalty or belief he can make a difference where he is. If he stays he has no ambition, isn't good enough for the CL bla bla.

Personally I think he's a generational talent. He's really that good. The idea he isn't good enough for the top 6 or CL is just nonsense. I've seen some very good players for Villa in my life time, and he's up there with the best.

This contract doesn't mean we won't lose him in the future, but possibly we can't get a better deal if that happens.

To be fair to you if I was a Villa fan I’d be delighted that he’d signed, no matter what the actual circumstances.

This gives your club a bit of breathing space for this season at least. It would have been tough if you were having to replace him in this window. He’s your captain, best player and without him you’d be almost certainly be in a dogfight from the off.

The lad is a good player no doubt, not seen enough of him to be able to judge whether he’s top 4-6 material but at least he’s given you commitment and time to improve in PL.

I know you are bound to be pro Jack but I totally agree with you. Fine talent and exciting to watch. Oh to have someone like him in our team. Maybe one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back