Jack Grealish signs new 5 year deal with Villa

• Thread starter Deleted member 45378
  • Start date
All this says to me is that nobody of any use really wanted him. Which stands to reason given he's not really that good.
Every time I watch him I'm reminded of a comment from a Southampton fan I met a on holiday many moons ago. We were talking footy and I commented how I thought Le Tissier was a brilliant player. His reply was "he isn't ... he's a good player in a poor team".

Maybe bit I'm also long in the tooth so remember playmakers like Bowles, Marsh, Currie, Hudson and Wilkins (when he was young). Love adventurous players who make things happen with a bit of swag.
You're not that bloke on the phone-in after games are you, wanting us to sign "someone who can put their foot on the ball and pick out a pass"?

I'm slightly puzzled by some of the comments both here and on other club's messageboards.

He can't really win. If he goes to be a squad player at one of the Manchester clubs for instance, he will be looked at one that goes after the money. One that has no loyalty or belief he can make a difference where he is. If he stays he has no ambition, isn't good enough for the CL bla bla.

Personally I think he's a generational talent. He's really that good. The idea he isn't good enough for the top 6 or CL is just nonsense. I've seen some very good players for Villa in my life time, and he's up there with the best.

This contract doesn't mean we won't lose him in the future, but possibly we can't get a better deal if that happens.
I agree with a lot of this, he’s a very good player.

Generational talent is a huge exaggeration mind, implies a Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Zidane, Messi etc. He’s 25 and has a single England cap.

He has been with Villa 8 years so I suspect this will just allow them to get a higher fee for him, and him to collect a higher wage in the interim. Gone in January imo.

Every time I watch him I'm reminded of a comment from a Southampton fan I met a on holiday many moons ago. We were talking footy and I commented how I thought Le Tissier was a brilliant player. His reply was "he isn't ... he's a good player in a poor team".

xavi disagrees

I'm slightly puzzled by some of the comments both here and on other club's messageboards.

He can't really win. If he goes to be a squad player at one of the Manchester clubs for instance, he will be looked at one that goes after the money. One that has no loyalty or belief he can make a difference where he is. If he stays he has no ambition, isn't good enough for the CL bla bla.

Personally I think he's a generational talent. He's really that good. The idea he isn't good enough for the top 6 or CL is just nonsense. I've seen some very good players for Villa in my life time, and he's up there with the best.

This contract doesn't mean we won't lose him in the future, but possibly we can't get a better deal if that happens.

He's a decent player amongst mediocre players, nowt more....no one put a bid in for him thats the only reason he signed a new contract, he would have been off at the first oppurtunity and who could blame him....

Diving at every opportunity would slow the play down too much for Pep,Klopp or Arteta.Teams hoping to qualify for the Europa League,with no chance of winning the Premier League ,such as Man Utd and Tottenham may take a punt.If Bale signs for Tottenham then it could leave just Man Utd a possible destination for the league‘s best diver.

Diving at every opportunity would slow the play down too much for Pep,Klopp or Arteta.Teams hoping to qualify for the Europa League,with no chance of winning the Premier League ,such as Man Utd and Tottenham may take a punt.If Bale signs for Tottenham then it could leave just Man Utd a possible destination for the league‘s best diver.
He gets fouled mate

Back