Jack Charlton RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Met him once on a train in the 00s, told me to sit down and had a bit chat with him. I honestly felt like he would've let me sit there the whole journey. He loved reminiscing about football.

True North East gentleman and a true legend.

RIP Big man

His TV coaching series on Tyne Tees seemed to be on every holiday for years. Think it was filmed at Durham, but can’t find any trace of it on YouTube. Good man.

Reactions: DH4
He did a football coaching tv programme for kids in the 70s, sorry cant remember its name.
Was doing some keepy-ups and says to watching young'uns "good eh ya bugger"

RIP Jack

Sorry didn't realise mention of programme was SEB

R.I.P. Jack.
I met him back in the early 80's up at an engineering place in Consett. His son Peter was working there.
Jack and the company owner, a bloke by the name of Mac Murray, went on a walkabout on the shop floor.
Jack was chatting to all the lads, and he was great crack.
Right on ! Mac Murray was one of his drinking "buddies" in the Braes Hotel

Last edited:
I actually came to pay respects to Jack Charlton. His son, Peter was on a YTS up at Stanley with my brother. Every morning Jack would drop him off as there wasn't an early bus from Lanchester (I think Jack was living there) However, he made him get the bus home with the rest of the lads so he wouldn't get above himself. Always had a bit crack witthe lads when he saw them, absolutely no side to him at all. A true gent and I'm sure he'll be missed by all who knew him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back