Jack Charlton RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

I used to love those TV programmes he did teaching kids how to play football. If any kid managed to dribble the ball past him Jackie would always boot the poor little kid up in the air, he hated being beaten. In 73 he predicted Leeds would thrash us 6-0, oh how we laughed at the final whistle.

A down to earth genuine bloke and will be a huge miss, there will be dozens of fond memories and stories about him which is a great testament to him.

I always chuckled when he would call the Scots the Scotch.

Forget which player it was telling the story about Jack wanting to meet him to try and persuade him to sign for Newcastle.

Jack asked the player to meet him at the hotel at Scotch Corner, when he got there he said Jack was in his full fishing gear and realised then he had combined the transfer talks with a planned fishing trip. Basically the entire conversation was about fishing 😄

Last edited:
I remember his story about going clubbing after the official World Cup celebration dinner the day he won the Cup. Rather the worse for the nights celebrations he woke up first thing next morning on the sofa of a complete stranger somewhere in Leytonstone.

Needing some fresh air he stepped out in to the back garden of the house only to be confronted with a voice from the next door garden saying "Eeeee its Jackie" Turning around he came face to face with a lady who had lived in his street In Ashington when he was a kid.

RIP Jackie - great memories

RIP Jack...Whatever you think of them he played in a great Leeds team.
Proper centre half who played in an era where a defenders main priority was to defend ....

saw outside the main entrance at the sol, a canny few times. Found it strange how small he looked as he came over as a giant on the pitch and touchline

thank you Jackie lad for helping england to be world champions and RIP.

Spoke to him a few times in Kingston Park Tesco. Lovely bloke, always cracking jokes with the kids. His wife must have been fed up.. he was constantly being stopped and chatted to :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back