Jack Charlton RIP

Didn`t he do a football training TV series from Framwellgate Moor Comp school in the early 80`s???

I saw him do a speech at a work evening do about 20 years ago. He was hilarious.

I always loved his comment after Frank Rijkard spat at Rudi Voeller when he said that if somebody did that to him, he`d have chinned him.

Such a big character.

Didn`t he do a football training TV series from Framwellgate Moor Comp school in the early 80`s???

I saw him do a speech at a work evening do about 20 years ago. He was hilarious.

I always loved his comment after Frank Rijkard spat at Rudi Voeller when he said that if somebody did that to him, he`d have chinned him.

Such a big character.
I think he did. I can remember an out take where he was training with kids, when one lad blasted the ball into his balls. He laughed it off

Dont think it’s on here

Last edited:
Aye, always liked him, came over as a nicer guy than his brother Bobby imho. Mind you his passing makes me feel very old having seen him play in the late 60’s early 70’s. Think he once scored against us....

My Dad was in same school football team as Jack in Ashington. Always said that he was a really nice bloke. Nobody liked Bobby though!

Seems a top chap, and lovely to hear the comments on here. Though I have to say I remember him co-commentating on the second leg of the Gillingham play-off match on Radio Five (may even have been Radio Two back then) and him giving Sunderland a right slagging - the club and the fans. Mind may be playing tricks on me, but remember at the time thinking it a bit unnecessary!

Remember organising a talk in with him and Jackie Ashurst, when they were both managers of a Newcastle and Sunderland, great night good crack and possibly the only time both current serving managers did a joint talk in.

Charlton , insisted on being paid in used notes lol.

Such a big character.
Did he? Bliddy hell. I'd have been there from 88 so missed out

Ah man that’s awful news.
Genuine legend.
I was waiting for a delayed train in Kings Cross about 10 years ago and he stood nearby, had a bit crack on with him and he was sound.
He had me pissing myself laughing with him when he couldn’t remember Cascarino’s name. He called him the Ice Cream Man 😂.
RIP Jack.

Back