I've got it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

According to the government website, a continuous Covid cough is this:

a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)

Sounds like your wife could well be in that category. I think the advice when living with someone who has symptoms is to keep the windows open for ventilation, and obviously do not share the same plates, knives and forks and the like, and wash down the bathroom etc after she's used it. Oh, and according to studies use of the toilet can pass it after flushing it because the power of flushing it releases particles into the air - so you may want to tell her to put the toilet seat down before flushing. According to studies, it's not certain or even probable that living with someone with symptoms means you will pick it up, around 12% of people pick it up from living with someone infected; so if she does have it, and you're careful/follow the guidelines, there is a good chance you and the bairns will not catch it.

This. Just be careful. My lass said a lot of the patients on the covid ward would have their families tested and a lot came back negative. Weird to think they'd be sleeping in the same bed, sharing cups etc and it didn't spread. Just keep windows open and try to keep your distance as much as possible.

Yes "look at me" etc...

Tested yesterday evening, positive result confirmed this morning.
You posted in the idle chit chat thread that Friday was your last day in lockdown and you weren’t going out until Saturday. You posted on a different thread that you went out shopping on Friday.

Your post above was posted last Wednesday. How could any of what you’ve posted be true if you’ve actually followed the guidelines?

The absence of smell and taste is the giveaway, it's the most common symptom of the virus. This is assuming there's no blocked nose or feeling of being bunged up like when you have a cold.

You don't need to have a temperature, that's just another symptom. Seems like in most mild cases you don't get a raised temperature.
Got the 3 of us tested at Doxy Park yesterday and mines came back as positive and hers and the bairn negative. I really think that is to do with expecting you to do the test yourself, it's not that easy and I drove away from the test centre not confident that if the results were negative they would be correct.
As it is we've all got to self isolate now, but it was a close call.

Still very much alive, but thanks for the concern. The timeline I was given was 10 days from when symptoms first started which made it last Friday at 7.30pm, hence me saying I had been a bit naughty going for a few essentials at 3pm ish that day. Sorry to dent some of the conspiracy theorists.....

Still very much alive, but thanks for the concern. The timeline I was given was 10 days from when symptoms first started which made it last Friday at 7.30pm, hence me saying I had been a bit naughty going for a few essentials at 3pm ish that day. Sorry to dent some of the conspiracy theorists.....
Who were the conspiracy theorists? It seems you simply went out when you were supposed to be isolating. Where is the confusion?

Last edited:
Got the 3 of us tested at Doxy Park yesterday and mines came back as positive and hers and the bairn negative. I really think that is to do with expecting you to do the test yourself, it's not that easy and I drove away from the test centre not confident that if the results were negative they would be correct.
As it is we've all got to self isolate now, but it was a close call.
Odd isn't it. Can't see how your missus could be showing symptoms and test negative while you tested positive. If you're living together there's no doubt you'll have passed it between each other (unless you hate each other and avoid contact! :lol:).

Is it two weeks isolation now? I found going for a walk to get some fresh air once a day made it feel less like a punishment.

Odd isn't it. Can't see how your missus could be showing symptoms and test negative while you tested positive. If you're living together there's no doubt you'll have passed it between each other (unless you hate each other and avoid contact! :lol:).

Is it two weeks isolation now? I found going for a walk to get some fresh air once a day made it feel less like a punishment.
From when my symptoms started, which was last Wednesday really. Obviously going to be even more careful when the quarantine period is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back