I've got it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like you both have it with minor symptoms. Let us know how you get on with your testing.
We've bought a thermometer and have been taking our temperatures these past 3 days and they've been fine. If it wasn't for the daughter coming back positive I would have said we just have bad colds but now we need to make sure and self-isolate until we find out either way.

We've bought a thermometer and have been taking our temperatures these past 3 days and they've been fine. If it wasn't for the daughter coming back positive I would have said we just have bad colds but now we need to make sure and self-isolate until we find out either way.
The absence of smell and taste is the giveaway, it's the most common symptom of the virus. This is assuming there's no blocked nose or feeling of being bunged up like when you have a cold.

You don't need to have a temperature, that's just another symptom. Seems like in most mild cases you don't get a raised temperature.

You don't need to have a temperature, that's just another symptom. Seems like in most mild cases you don't get a raised temperature.
My missus has been ill all last week - constant headache and feeling overheated all the time.

Rang the NHS helpline and the bloke she spoke to said that as long as her temperature wasn't above 37.5C she didn't need to do anything else but keep an eye on things. Told to ring back if her temperature went up to and beyond that and if any of the other two main symptoms materialised.

Her temperature has held steady at 36.5C all week and the headaches are now easing off. Turns out it could be the side-effects of some medication she has been on for a long time that she is slowly weaning off.

My missus has been ill all last week - constant headache and feeling overheated all the time.

Rang the NHS helpline and the bloke she spoke to said that as long as her temperature wasn't above 37.5C she didn't need to do anything else but keep an eye on things. Told to ring back if her temperature went up to and beyond that and if any of the other two main symptoms materialised.

Her temperature has held steady at 36.5C all week and the headaches are now easing off. Turns out it could be the side-effects of some medication she has been on for a long time that she is slowly weaning off.

Did this coincide with not asking her for sex?

The bairn and me have had that last week and she had a temperature and vomiting but I didn't. I was advised to get us both tested with me being vulnerable. Both came back negative. I think there's a few nasty but not C19 bugs doing the rounds as well. Always seems to happen when the bairns go back to school in September but it's worse this year with them being off for longer.
This, on my second one in as many weeks since our lass and the bairn went back to school. First one was really chesty, me and our lass got tested (60 mile round trip) and it came back negative. Just over a week later I've got a right head cold. I know it's off the bairn n'all cos he had a face full of snots for days. Unfortunately I'm not as keen on eating a constant stream of my own mucus as he is.

The bairn and me have had that last week and she had a temperature and vomiting but I didn't. I was advised to get us both tested with me being vulnerable. Both came back negative. I think there's a few nasty but not C19 bugs doing the rounds as well. Always seems to happen when the bairns go back to school in September but it's worse this year with them being off for longer.

That last bit is a very good point.

Laid in the other room listening to her cough incessantly for the 2nd night

Slightly fearful. She's had symptoms a week now and aside from feeling a bit achey mid week am fine and the little un seems OK

Her teenager is at her dad's and seems poorly too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back