I've got it...

If you have parents who are vulnerable have you been in an environment where you could have caught it?
Honestly can't think how, working from home, went to pub Sunday but just to sit outside for couple hours, I've got chronic asthma myself so have been pretty careful, shopping maybe once a week unless I need couple bits from local shop. But just goes to show even if just a cold how easily things are transmitted.
Yes "look at me" etc...

Tested yesterday evening, positive result confirmed this morning.
Quick recovery mate

Honestly can't think how, working from home, went to pub Sunday but just to sit outside for couple hours, I've got chronic asthma myself so have been pretty careful, shopping maybe once a week unless I need couple bits from local shop. But just goes to show even if just a cold how easily things are transmitted.
If you have it off the above we are all going to be fucked. Your mind may be playing tricks on you. You shouldn’t have it.

Last edited:
Thats scary as fuck. It can’t just be off the above or we are all wholly screwed????
Ah honestly mate I'm sure its just a head cold and I'm not worried and feel bit selfish if I get a test but it was mainly so I could still do a bit to help parents. Was gonna go in office one day but I'm not that fussed about that. Got further this time but just says no test sites right at the end.

My lass tested positive on Wednesday after loosing sense of taste and smell. She was on the vulnerable shielding list during the last lockdown due to having stage 4 sarcoidosis.
She has hardly been out and is obsessed with sanitising etc.
Myself and our two lads have all been tested negative. Bizarre either we have had it or are immune to it.

My lass tested positive on Wednesday after loosing sense of taste and smell. She was on the vulnerable shielding list during the last lockdown due to having stage 4 sarcoidosis.
Myself and our two lads have all been tested negative. Bizarre either we have had it or are immune to it.

Sorry to hear that. Hope she is ok 😘

Bad crack that, mate. If she's in the vulnerable category and has picked it up.

the test is for coronavirus isnt it , corona viruses have been round forever - the tests need to test for covid 19 and covid 19 only

Quite possible my wife has it, sore throat from hell and a cough, I do t know if it’s continuous as it comes and goes, when it’s hear it goes on for about 10mins and her chest and lungs feel like lead, been in bed for 3 days now and I am just keeping the kids and myself away from her as she canny get a test, me and the kids had a cold the week before so I just hope it’s a bad cold that she caught from us, no lose of taste mind but loss of smell, will try again to get her tested today

Last edited:
Quite possible my wife has it, sore throat from hell and a cough, I do t know if it’s continuous as it comes and goes, when it’s hear it goes on for about 10mins and her chest and lungs feel like lead, been in bed for 3 days now and I am just keeping the kids and myself away from her as she canny get a test, me and the kids had a cold the week before so I just hope it’s a bad cold that she caught from us, no lose of taste mind but loss of smell, will try again to get her tested today

According to the government website, a continuous Covid cough is this:

a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)

Sounds like your wife could well be in that category. I think the advice when living with someone who has symptoms is to keep the windows open for ventilation, and obviously do not share the same plates, knives and forks and the like, and wash down the bathroom etc after she's used it. Oh, and according to studies use of the toilet can pass it after flushing it because the power of flushing it releases particles into the air - so you may want to tell her to put the toilet seat down before flushing. According to studies, it's not certain or even probable that living with someone with symptoms means you will pick it up, around 12% of people pick it up from living with someone infected; so if she does have it, and you're careful/follow the guidelines, there is a good chance you and the bairns will not catch it.

According to the government website, a continuous Covid cough is this:

a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)

Sounds like your wife could well be in that category. I think the advice when living with someone who has symptoms is to keep the windows open for ventilation, and obviously do not share the same plates, knives and forks and the like, and wash down the bathroom etc after she's used it. Oh, and according to studies use of the toilet can pass it after flushing it because the power of flushing it releases particles into the air - so you may want to tell her to put the toilet seat down before flushing. According to studies, it's not certain or even probable that living with someone with symptoms means you will pick it up, around 12% of people pick it up from living with someone infected; so if she does have it, and you're careful/follow the guidelines, there is a good chance you and the bairns will not catch it.
Thanks for the info mate, ref the cough definitely more than 3 episodes in 24hrs, but at the same time she smokes a vape and it seems like a normal cold cough to me(no expert) I’m doing my best to keep the kids away from her, she has just got ready to spend the day with us, she has just been told to get back to bed.
With her cutlery I have washed it and put it straight in the dishwasher same with cups, doing me best hear and hoping she comes good in a day our 2 as I’ve already seen a improvement in her this morning

The bairn and me have had that last week and she had a temperature and vomiting but I didn't. I was advised to get us both tested with me being vulnerable. Both came back negative. I think there's a few nasty but not C19 bugs doing the rounds as well. Always seems to happen when the bairns go back to school in September but it's worse this year with them being off for longer.

Thanks for the info mate, ref the cough definitely more than 3 episodes in 24hrs, but at the same time she smokes a vape and it seems like a normal cold cough to me(no expert) I’m doing my best to keep the kids away from her, she has just got ready to spend the day with us, she has just been told to get back to bed.
With her cutlery I have washed it and put it straight in the dishwasher same with cups, doing me best hear and hoping she comes good in a day our 2 as I’ve already seen a improvement in her this morning

No bother, mate. 'Same here, no expert. Just going off the government's guidance and peer reviewed studies.

I'd say if she does have it, then you can't not expose yourselves in some way - impossible. But, the main ways you'd pick it up is through breathing in the same air and sharing the same plates, cups etc - just like the flu really. So, if it was me, I'd be telling her to keep the windows open wherever she is, take her food upstairs for her and leave it at the door for her to pick it up and definitely make sure no one uses the same plates, cups etc as her whether washed or not, I'd keep the same ones out for her.

'Fair to say not everyone has the same symptoms when they pick something up. I've had the flu once and was bed ridden for about 7 days. I had no problems with cough or breathing whatsoever but I'd imagine that wouldn't go for everyone. So, difficult to know really until she gets tested. The cough alone would suggest she could have it and definitely needs a test, but one thing that I do read often is that a Covid cough is not like a normal cough or a cough you would have when you have a cold.

The bairn and me have had that last week and she had a temperature and vomiting but I didn't. I was advised to get us both tested with me being vulnerable. Both came back negative. I think there's a few nasty but not C19 bugs doing the rounds as well. Always seems to happen when the bairns go back to school in September but it's worse this year with them being off for longer.
All of us had colds last week with the bairns going back to school, littlest lad still coughs every morning and night but your right as soon as the schools are back so are the bugs.
The misses seemed to get the cold very gently compared to the males in the house, but once we all cleared upish hers came on, just been In to see her and she has been showered 🧼 and says she feels a lot better, still making her stay in bed and in the bedroom mind, I’ve had the pleasure of the couch the last 2 nights and looks like another night there.

Daughter (no) got tested yesterday and it's come back as positive at 8am this morning. She's living in Glasgow but was down last weekend and was staying at ours.
I've had the cough for the last 3 days, the wife (again no) has had no smell/taste for that time. We've been trying to get tests for the past few days and have just managed to get the family slots at Doxy Park for this afternoon.

Daughter (no) got tested yesterday and it's come back as positive at 8am this morning. She's living in Glasgow but was down last weekend and was staying at ours.
I've had the cough for the last 3 days, the wife (again no) has had no smell/taste for that time. We've been trying to get tests for the past few days and have just managed to get the family slots at Doxy Park for this afternoon.
Sounds like you both have it with minor symptoms. Let us know how you get on with your testing.

Back