Is this the most depressing season since 94/95?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sincerely hope you aren't suggesting that 15 points was an acceptable points haul given the team and club setup.....

How anybody can suggest the 15 and 19 point seasons were somehow not significantly worse than this year is absolutely mental imo.
No ,I'm not suggesting that for one minute .All are as equally as bad but again, in those season,it was bad choices of Managers that ultimately led to relegation. I dont go with this "He has nothing to work with" shit . Granted, we have had the most number of injuries I can ever recall at the club but going on his own comments and what he has been(I'm not picking out quotes ) he is one strange manager if he thinks any of his comments have been helpful. A lesser person than myself would sumise he wanted or was working to be sacked.

Just had a look at 94/95 on wiki, 5 wins at home out of 23 :eek:
Lowest in the league and 12 draws at home, the highest in the league

The only other candidate is 02/03, for me.

The 2nd tier seasons since have all been exciting or successful.

05/06 was grim but relatively predictable in the circumstances.

The last few years we've had a cup run or a managerial change to liven things up.

This year there's just nothing. Some positivity at the end of last season slowly eroded. Dire squad with no fight and a manager to fit. Horrible cup outings and no hope of anything particularly improving. f***ing horrible.
Can't get much worse.

This season reminds me of playing Football Manager when you've got no transfer budget

Search

Players cover 33
Out of contract at the end of the season or Free Agents
International Caps above 20

Just had a look at 94/95 on wiki, 5 wins at home out of 23 :eek:
Lowest in the league and 12 draws at home, the highest in the league

Just looking at that now, weirdly we had the 4th best away record in the league. We actually started the season with 8 games unbeaten (albeit drawing 6) before it went wrong.

I think this has been the most depressing season since Lawrie Mac all but took us down. It just seems to be getting worse by the day

The punishment does seem to have been absolutely relentless this season mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back