Is this the most depressing season since 94/95?

Status
Not open for further replies.

boylie_mackem

Central Defender
The only other candidate is 02/03, for me.

The 2nd tier seasons since have all been exciting or successful.

05/06 was grim but relatively predictable in the circumstances.

The last few years we've had a cup run or a managerial change to liven things up.

This year there's just nothing. Some positivity at the end of last season slowly eroded. Dire squad with no fight and a manager to fit. Horrible cup outings and no hope of anything particularly improving. f***ing horrible.

Did you miss the 15 and 19 point seasons?

Depends what happens in the final third of the season. So far it's got the potential to be up there given how shite it's been like.

The 15 point season was utterly shite.

At least with the 19 point season there were a few relatively high points - like beating Spurs and Liverpool before it completely tailed off. The 15 point season may as well have ended as soon as it began.

It's worse than the 15 point for me, in fact the worst due to a combination of factors than any I have seen, cannot even be bothered to watch a stream anymore, gave up the radio a couple of years ago, MOTD has become history.

Was absolutely dire til Reid came. The worst I've seen. 11k of us at a league game at one point.
I have seen 8,000 at Roker.

It isn't over yet, I'm still holding out some hope a new manager might make us more bearable to watch, if things continue though this could definitely be the worst since the last promotion.

But we all knew that at the start..This fella came into a club that needed four players to push it on but no moyes came in and fucked it right up...
Yeah yeah yeah......he kicked them all in the knee in training didnt he.
I despair with some of our fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back