Is this the most depressing season since 94/95?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the 15 points season, we had a group of players who simply weren't good enough. That being said, most weeks they grafted and put a shift in. They just weren't up to it.
This lot are different. Clearly, they have ability, as most have them have shown flashes of potential at some point in their careers. They just can't be f***ing arsed. They have no affiliation or bond with the players or the fans, and they're fully aware of the fact their "reputations" will remain intact, and will still be seen as canny buys in the eyes of their next clubs. Their CV's won't be blemished, and most will forget all about the time they played for that club in the North East of England, who paid them handsomely....for fuck all. Can't wait for them to go personally.

Did you miss the 15 and 19 point seasons?

Depends what happens in the final third of the season. So far it's got the potential to be up there given how shite it's been like.

At least with the 19 point season there were a few relatively high points - like beating Spurs and Liverpool before it completely tailed off. The 15 point season may as well have ended as soon as it began.

And there's a great myth that the 15 pointers "put a shift in". They downed tools long before season's end.

And there's a great myth that the 15 pointers "put a shift in". They downed tools long before season's end.

People often say on here that the 15 pointers weren't all that bad as they never got regularly hammered. I just thought teams turned up, they rolled over and so said team never had to exert anymore effort - game was often finished at one goal nevermind two.

I mean how many games were we really in, that we showed spirit and fight that a side had to knock 3 or 4 in?

The only other candidate is 02/03, for me.

The 2nd tier seasons since have all been exciting or successful.

05/06 was grim but relatively predictable in the circumstances.

The last few years we've had a cup run or a managerial change to liven things up.

This year there's just nothing. Some positivity at the end of last season slowly eroded. Dire squad with no fight and a manager to fit. Horrible cup outings and no hope of anything particularly improving. f***ing horrible.
Nowhere near

The worst thing this season is how quickly it's gone tits up from a bit genuine optimism from the back end of last season under BSA..i mean I had a bad feeling when BSA left but i never expected things to to get this bad this quick..said it before on here I like many others on here can remember the 3rd division and those were dark days but this is fkn depressing like.

Yeah yeah yeah......he kicked them all in the knee in training didnt he.
I despair with some of our fans.
Moyes is so boring they were begging each other to kick them in the knee to get away from him

05/06 was nothing. We didn't have one big name player in the squad.

02/03 was bad and more comparable to today. This season is more depressing imo

I have some good memories of 94 95 I started doing away games aged 10 and was mascot at Bristol city 1st game, 19 point season was worse than 15 pointers I did every game of 15pointers season and at least them Lads gave everything, 19 pointers had ability but no heart, weve had players recently I couldn't stand in fletcher and Wickham to name two but this year's lot well I'm just ambivalent to it all and would rather just laugh than get my self upset n worked up,

God knows how we drew away to man Utd in the 15 point season
It was the one day kelvin davis's brain actually didn't have a fart

The only other candidate is 02/03, for me.

The 2nd tier seasons since have all been exciting or successful.

05/06 was grim but relatively predictable in the circumstances.

The last few years we've had a cup run or a managerial change to liven things up.

This year there's just nothing. Some positivity at the end of last season slowly eroded. Dire squad with no fight and a manager to fit. Horrible cup outings and no hope of anything particularly improving. f***ing horrible.

And that's what's caught up with us this season financialy, it had to stop. Can't keep paying off managers and bringing in 'their players' every season just to be sacked/gone a few months later & the whole cycle starts again.

Did you miss the 15 and 19 point seasons?

Depends what happens in the final third of the season. So far it's got the potential to be up there given how shite it's been like.

Our last win was December 15th against Liverpool, drew 1 more then lost 15 in a row in the 19 point season !!

At least with the 19 point season there were a few relatively high points - like beating Spurs and Liverpool before it completely tailed off. The 15 point season may as well have ended as soon as it began.

In the 15 point season we were 2 weeks off not winning a home game for a full year, I stopped going at Christmas in that season, f***ing gutted, nothing to play for !!!

I don't remember a season where everybody was so divided

At least in the McCarthy years we were in agreement

The are still some people who think Uncle Ellis is some kind of misunderstood Santa Claus even when he's shinning up our chimney with the presents in his bag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back