Is this the most depressing season since 94/95?

Status
Not open for further replies.
People often say on here that the 15 pointers weren't all that bad as they never got regularly hammered. I just thought teams turned up, they rolled over and so said team never had to exert anymore effort - game was often finished at one goal nevermind two.

I mean how many games were we really in, that we showed spirit and fight that a side had to knock 3 or 4 in?

Mags away was one. But it was rare.

I remember Stephen Reid getting goal of the season when he actually walked past several feeble challenges and hit a shot into the middle of the goal.

surely the one where you got relegated to third tier was worse?

I know about this as living in Kent I was at the Gillingham play off match!

The previous few seasons were tolerable mainly, for me anyway, because of the Derby wins. They kept the passion and good humour going in an otherwise grim run in before we hit form in the last month. This season there's bot all.

:lol: Yep,it's all the Mags fault. If they hadn't got relegated we'd have beaten them already and waiting for the return fixture to do it again and keep us all happy. Season wouldn't have seemed too bad.

This season has been one thing after another. What makes it worse was that unlike the 2002/3 season it started off with real optimism. A lot of it was caused by our belief in Fat Slime Allardyce. Then the underhanded way he went about getting the England job meant we weren't quick off the mark in the transfer market.
The Iborra and Mvila transfer failures. The behaviour of all of FSA's signings makes me wonder whether all three of them have agents who are his mates. The injuries, the dire performances, the bad luck. The lack of highs. How many times do we beat the Premier League champions, but no big deal was made of it.

All in all this season has been turgid.

However, it does not compare to the 15 or 19 pointers yet. It still has time to drop to those depths though.

the 19 points one we were struggling but actually had enough to escape, but the tactics, freezing out of players and lack of buys in the jan was just suicidal and the team just collapsed like id never imagined

the 15 points one thicko micko made a total cock up of turning the best team in the 2nd league into the worst of the 3 promoted teams, who spent no more than we did on players who anybody could have told you would be no good

the 15 points one thicko micko made a total cock up of turning the best team in the 2nd league into the worst of the 3 promoted teams, who spent no more than we did on players who anybody could have told you would be no good
This happens to us all the time. How many teams have come up in the last 5 years and instantly become better than us in 1 transfer window?
Bournemouth, Swansea, Boro, Watford, Weat Brom, West Ham, Southampton, Burnley etc etc all come up, sign the right players and overtake us straight away

I don't really know, when you've been going as long one seems to run into the next making it difficult to differentiate

But we all knew that at the start..This fella came into a club that needed four players to push it on but no moyes came in and fucked it right up...
I sincerely hope you aren't suggesting that 15 points was an acceptable points haul given the team and club setup.....

How anybody can suggest the 15 and 19 point seasons were somehow not significantly worse than this year is absolutely mental imo.

Last edited:
This happens to us all the time. How many teams have come up in the last 5 years and instantly become better than us in 1 transfer window?
Bournemouth, Swansea, Boro, Watford, Weat Brom, West Ham, Southampton, Burnley etc etc all come up, sign the right players and overtake us straight away

I know
still to this day you would look at bournemouths team, some of the players stoke had in their early prem days and they were organized and battling.

It can only be as good or better than the 15 point shambles. Whether it will get to the highs of the 19 point debacle is anyone's guess given the feeble performances of the last few games.

I'm taking it in gallows humour. We are an utter embarrassment.

I fear for next season though. Our finances could go throw the floor. Seriously, we've spent one season in our history in the third tier. We could be falling through that trapdoor if we don't get financially stable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back