Is a world without racism possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to what?

You've contributed nothing.

Are you always this stupid? :lol:

Are you always this aggressive ? I simply asked you what you meant by race as a different definition has been used over the years.
If it was too complicated a question I am sure you can Google an answer.

Depends upon what you call racism.

Sorry, what’s dependent on that? That overt, intentional racism is probably less prevalent in the UK today than it has been since the 50s and 60s when lots of people from former colonies moved here? Or that the more passive sort of racism can often be more problematic?

I’m genuinely not sure which of those points hinges on a definition of racism?

Sorry, what’s dependent on that? That overt, intentional racism is probably less prevalent in the UK today than it has been since the 50s and 60s when lots of people from former colonies moved here? Or that the more passive sort of racism can often be more problematic?

I agree that intentional racism is racism regardless of definition.
Passive racism... I'm no so sure about. Remember that poster on here who posted about how his mum would always ring the local chinese takeaway and ask "can i order a chinkeys?"
Is she a racist?

It's been alive and well since dawn of time,regardless of country,colour or religion. The worst culprits really ain't the so called knuckledraggers.

.. Or is it something that'll never go away?

I'd like to think that this generation are far more open-minded than the 80's generation I grew up with. Saying that, I just heard a kid walk past my house and shout something incredibly racist. (I live in Grangetown, Sunderland btw).

Was it you red and white bastard :)

I agree that intentional racism is racism regardless of definition.
Passive racism... I'm no so sure about. Remember that poster on here who posted about how his mum would always ring the local chinese takeaway and ask "can i order a chinkeys?"
Is she a racist?

If you think that’s what I’m talking about then it would appear we’re talking about two completely different things.

I’m not talking about this sort of clumsy use of terminology which, on balance, we probably can and should avoid but is quibbled over anyway by the ‘It’s political correctness gone mad’ brigade.

Surprisingly, I would argue against that... those who seek division will always find something, fair enough in that case it might not be race but there will always be a perceived difference. Inherently though we are all the same and should share at least one common interest in my opinion.

Hence the rest of that same post of mine you quoted. ;)

If you think that’s what I’m talking about then it would appear we’re talking about two completely different things.

I’m not talking about this sort of clumsy use of terminology which, on balance, we probably can and should avoid but is quibbled over anyway by the ‘It’s political correctness gone mad’ brigade.
That’s presumably what he meant when he said it depends what you call racism.

He's an idiot man. He tried to be clever but got blarn the fuck out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back