Is a world without racism possible?

bigmarlon

Winger
.. Or is it something that'll never go away?

I'd like to think that this generation are far more open-minded than the 80's generation I grew up with. Saying that, I just heard a kid walk past my house and shout something incredibly racist. (I live in Grangetown, Sunderland btw).

As in... If someone were to kill all races except their own, there'd be nobody left towards whom anyone could be racist.

There'd still be plenty of other differences between people that the less educated people could get angry about though... non-heterosexuality, being into bands they don't like, supporting/opposing Brexit, believing/not believing in gods or other superstitions, having ginger hair, ponytails, beards, wearing clothes they don't like, having other random opinions other people don't like...

Racism is the tip of an iceberg of acceptability of abuse. Even if you could shave off that tip there'd be another potential recipient of abuse directly below it.

It like saying everyone will have driverless cars. So there won't be white BMW owners acting like bellends. No-one really wants to eradicate the status quo as the one-upmanship will go with it and an undesirable degree of equality will break out. Not human nature I'm afraid

As in... If someone were to kill all races except their own, there'd be nobody left towards whom anyone could be racist.

There'd still be plenty of other differences between people that the less educated people could get angry about though... non-heterosexuality, being into bands they don't like, supporting/opposing Brexit, believing/not believing in gods or other superstitions, having ginger hair, ponytails, beards, wearing clothes they don't like, having other random opinions other people don't like...

Racism is the tip of an iceberg of acceptability of abuse. Even if you could shave off that tip there'd be another potential recipient of abuse directly below it.

Surprisingly, I would argue against that... those who seek division will always find something, fair enough in that case it might not be race but there will always be a perceived difference. Inherently though we are all the same and should share at least one common interest in my opinion.

the establishment love to encourage it. blame immigrants/foreigners/muslims for why you aren't a millionaire, whilst you are focusing on that, they take everything they possibly can from you

.. Or is it something that'll never go away?

I'd like to think that this generation are far more open-minded than the 80's generation I grew up with. Saying that, I just heard a kid walk past my house and shout something incredibly racist. (I live in Grangetown, Sunderland btw).
I just don't get it, my whole life I have never had any inclination what so ever to be racist so to me racism is just a made up concept by people with hatred in their heart or people with an agenda.

the establishment love to encourage it. blame immigrants/foreigners/muslims for why you aren't a millionaire, whilst you are focusing on that, they take everything they possibly can from you

It's not just foreigners or Muslims though is it? It includes almost everyone, Marx made a good point about this.

I just don't get it, my whole life I have never had any inclination what so ever to be racist so to me racism is just a made up concept by people with hatred in their heart.

Do you think people can be racist without intent? I think racism and hatred go hand in hand but I think a lot of it is often ignorance rather than purely hatred.

Humans are pack animals & will group within their own tribes.

The real shame is that when we finally realise we're all part of the same tribe someone will emphasise our differences putting us back to square one. Maybe one day we will collectively shrug off the chains and I hope we do :lol:

I've just had a thought...

Is being anti-Mag racist?

racism
noun: racism
prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

#maglivesmatter :p

Back