Is a world without racism possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyway, I believe the younger generation, through cultural mixing and education, are more accepting of differences nowadays and they provide hope that we will continue to develop equality in attitudes and application in the future.
Agreed.

In the 80's Sunderland you'd never see a bunch of white lads hanging around with an asian lad. It just didn't happen. Both sides "stuck to their own kind" and terms like "P*ki" were commonly used by most people (myself included). Nowadays you'll often see mixed groups of kids hanging about. It gives me hope for this generation.

I've just had a thought...

Is being anti-Mag racist?

racism
noun: racism
prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

#maglivesmatter :p

Nor man your safe northern is not a race!

Agreed.

In the 80's Sunderland you'd never see a bunch of white lads hanging around with an asian lad. It just didn't happen. Both sides "stuck to their own kind" and terms like "P*ki" were commonly used by most people (myself included). Nowadays you'll often see mixed groups of kids hanging about. It gives me hope for this generation.
Honestly not seen this in my experience nowadays although I don't hang around places bairns do, but when I'm on the school run I only ever see Asian kids in groups of Asian kids never mixed with whites. It seems that greater numbers means they don't mix with the white kids and stick with other Asians.

That's a great signature... I enjoy coming on here, the majority of the people that posts on here hilarious and some are very amazing people... sure there are some idiots, but hey, nothing's perfect...

Glad to meet you, by the way...

Nice to see your still around and adding to the threads.........and no still not a pointy finger at you!

Honestly not seen this in my experience nowadays although I don't hang around places bairns do, but when I'm on the school run I only ever see Asian kids in groups of Asian kids never mixed with whites. It seems that greater numbers means they don't mix with the white kids and stick with other Asians.
I live near Southmoor so am always seeing mixed groups walking to or from school like. Quite often I'll see a group of white lads with a black lad in the group, or groups of white lasses with an Asian lass in tow. It's not something you would have seen 30 year ago.

The average Brit has an opinion of what is racism, whatever side of that divide you stand.

Once you travel and live with other cultures, is obvious that racism is a world wide issue and every nation have their friends and their foes. The culture then dictates how this manifests in terms of outright racism or culturally acceptable norms.
Well said. Interistingly (for me) British people seem to regard themselves as absolutely clear of any racism at all. That has shaken me. I see frequent examples of racism, in particular casual racism here in the UK. What it does do (if I am right) is to emphasize your point that different activities, behaviours and words are regarded as racist in different parts of the world.

I live near Southmoor so am always seeing mixed groups walking to or from school like. Quite often I'll see a group of white lads with a black lad in the group, or groups of white lasses with an Asian lass in tow. It's not something you would have seen 30 year ago.

I drive past Southmoor and St aidens regularly never noticed mixed groups although I'm not exactly looking for them. I'll take your word on it.

I have noticed that my bairns school the kids all mix together but that's a junior not secondary .

I drive past Southmoor and St aidens regularly never noticed mixed groups although I'm not exactly looking for them. I'll take your word on it.

I have noticed that my bairns school the kids all mix together but that's a junior not secondary .
I think it's something you'll see more and more of with every year. You still see groups of colours sticking together like, whites/blacks/asians etc, which is normal I suppose, but I see mixed groups far more often than we would have in the past.

I think the young kids these days give no fucks about colour like. A mate is a mate. It's the parents who teach them to be prejudiced due to their own daft upbrinings.

My street is about 50/50 white and Bengali, and I’d rather the whites fucked off and their houses were taken by more Bengalis. If there is any bother down my street you can guarantee it is amongst the white charvas and the local (white) drug dealer. The police are here pretty regularly raiding the white smack-head’s house, too. The only bother from the Bengalis is them beeping their f***ing car horns at all hours of the night.
swap "whites" and "Bengali's" around and I'm sure some posters would consider that to be very racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back