Ipswich fan here - what's League One like lads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty shite imo. Alright for a 1 season stop but after that no thanks. The standard of football is absolutely dross, might be decent for Ipswich developing afew of their young lads.

Wrong question.

Rally the supporters and the players and do whatever it takes to not get relegated this year. With Norwich likely to be promoted ... definition of hell on earth is when your biggest rival is 2 Divisions above in the pyramid!

You'll probably have Norwich fans turn up at all your games in their Canaries shirts...and probably the Mags fan from Norwich with his kid;)

I think I am one of the few looking forward to a few new grounds after 15 years straight mainly treading water in the Championship.

What's the general experience like?

Cheers and good luck getting back up
The standard is way worse than I expected. Our team would struggle in the Championship (plenty think otherwise mind) but we are nailed on for the playoffs at worst (plenty think otherwise mind). I have missed 2 home games but have only seen us completely dominate one team - Scunthorpe. However, we have enough to grind out wins and draws which would have been draws and defeats last season. McGeady looks a star at this level which he looked far from last season (plenty think otherwise mind). Top 2 a distinct possibility, though Luton and Barnsley on rolls right now. Only done 3 aways sadly, but enjoyed Walsall and Accrington. Unsurprisingly Coventry was shit. Overall way more enjoyable than the last 3 seasons, but so would putting my balls in a vice. Hope you enjoy it.

I think I am one of the few looking forward to a few new grounds after 15 years straight mainly treading water in the Championship.

You'll enjoy winning more than losing. It's great for morale. After years of losing hope starts to creep in.

If you have a team full of overpaid wankers they'll all be off, which is nice.

Overall getting relegated is the best thing that's happened to us in years. Enjoy. ;)

What’s the crack with your lot this season?

From afar it sounds like too much too soon in regards to the influx of players, mainly from lower league clubs?

Any stand outs in your squad?

And dossers?

The refs are horrific and the Chekatrade is canny degrading when you're playing U21s of teams you'd consider smaller than us.

On the plus side we are minted in comparison to everyone else, are winning more games than we have for a very long time and watching teams full of players playing for the shirt rather than the premier league mercenaries is class.

Our fans are shit apparently despite selling every away game out and sounding like the home team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back