Ipswich fan here - what's League One like lads?

Was fun at first, problem is every fucker ups it playing us and I imagine it would be the same for you should you go down.
Not a good place to be for many reasons, good luck for the rest of the season.

If you think the officials are poor in the Championship, you’re in for a hell of a shock if you get relegated.

This is a fecking massive one to worry about mind.

I think I am one of the few looking forward to a few new grounds after 15 years straight mainly treading water in the Championship.

What's the general experience like?

Cheers and good luck getting back up

There's definitely a certain novelty about it at first.

But the football burns my eyes and the novelty has well and truly worn off in our gang.

I'll be gutted if we are in league 1 next season.

Terrible, and I mean really f***ing terrible, refereeing. Teams full of big, strong, athletes who can't play football, but make up for it by kicking the shite out of anyone who can. Astonishingly poor finishing by strikers - literally, every week, someone will miss a, more or less, open goal (was it at Walsall, where the lad hit the post from three yards out, shooting into an open goal?).

The gamesmanship of a lot of teams is something to behold. Time wasting feigning injury getting in the face of the ref to get players booked/ sent off.
Same with some of the managers and touch line staff, trying every dirty trick in the book and then getting the hump big style when we score/ win.

This has been the biggest surprise for me .. worse than anything I've seen in a long time

I think I am one of the few looking forward to a few new grounds after 15 years straight mainly treading water in the Championship.

tbh you get a culture shock the game is fast and hard , seen some class goals mind

The referees and the play acting are atrocious. The novelty factor at the beginning and winning more often than not are the plus points but another season down here would be horrible. You just don't get the same emotions beating teams as you do in the PL and and to a lesser degree The Championship.

I don't mind Ipswich, so good luck.

If you think the refs are bad in the championship, you’ve seen nothing yet. Clubs will treat playing you as their cup final, timewasting ,cheating,in the refs ear from the kick off and general fuckwittery to try and win the game. Get rid off any big earners you have at the club and get players in who are hungry and young. You need at least one decent striker and pack the midfield with pace. Apart from this you’ll enjoy it. By the way, the way your fans and owner treated Mick Mac was a f***ing disgrace and you’re getting what you deserve, relegated.

To be honest mate, the biggest plus for me after the last few seasons is going to a game thinking we can win it! Mind you, in true Sunderland fashion I've been let down once or twice.The standard of refereeing is poor,our expectations are high and every team we play is right up for it, but overall it's better than getting stuffed every week. :D

you only say that because you are at your level mate

Historically the second tiers our level, we’ve played more game in it than any other club by some distance too, I say it because at this level it’s proper supporters that you meet at games not bell ends who are up their own arses, it’s real football not the watered down shit watched by snobby pricks like you get at the top level.

Back