Ipswich fan here - what's League One like lads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think I am one of the few looking forward to a few new grounds after 15 years straight mainly treading water in the Championship.

What's the general experience like?

Cheers and good luck getting back up
Ariel is best for the owld gravy stain marrow. :rolleyes:

Can’t wait to leave it behind.

Refs, linesmen are horrific, time wasting from the first minute, fans from other teams are bitter as fuck.
You sound like your'e on a mental breakdown mate. :lol::lol:

Last edited:
I think I am one of the few looking forward to a few new grounds after 15 years straight mainly treading water in the Championship.

be careful what you wish for otherwise you might end up in a league where the fans change ends at half time along with the teams.

The refs are horrific and the Chekatrade is canny degrading when you're playing U21s of teams you'd consider smaller than us.

On the plus side we are minted in comparison to everyone else, are winning more games than we have for a very long time and watching teams full of players playing for the shirt rather than the premier league mercenaries is class.
So you wont be too degraded to go the Wembley ?

Twisted like fuck about McCarthy despite him doing a good job.

Hope you’s go down and rot!

Genuinely don't get this kind of attitude on here? Similar was said to us when we sacked Bruce, Ipswich fans had their reasons and why would it bother you so much that you'd want them to go down and rot and even more so make you want to point that out so profusely? The lad has come on asking for opinions about League one based on our experiences so far and you act the dick as per usual.

Genuinely don't get this kind of attitude on here? Similar was said to us when we sacked Bruce, Ipswich fans had their reasons and why would it bother you so much that you'd want them to go down and rot and even more so make you want to point that out so profusely? The lad has come on asking for opinions about League one based on our experiences so far and you act the dick as per usual.
And those who said that about us would’ve been right.

Just another example of big mouth fans knowing fuck all about football.

Fans who stamp their feet over fuck all like Everton, Ipswich etc deserve everything they get.

Time wasting is incredible....goalkeepers taking an age to take a simple goal kick, and throwins likewise. Winning is good mind.

So you wont be too degraded to go the Wembley ?
Of course I'll go to Wembley, I went to the Morecambe and Stoke U21 games too.

Doesn't stop having to play Stoke or the maggots u21 any less degrading though or it any less of a shite cup.

Can’t wait to leave it behind.

Refs, linesmen are horrific, time wasting from the first minute, fans from other teams are bitter as fuck.

This is my issue with it as well. Teams who have been clearly sent out to take the piss with time wasting, intimidating the officials etc and absolute piss weak referees who can't recognize what is clearly going on under their noses and take charge.

I actually thought as we went down the leagues we would get a lot more honest salt of the earth football away from the bombast of the upper echelons of the game. Turns out they are still as many cheating little fannies down the bottom, the only major difference these ones are absolutely shit at playing football.

And those who said that about us would’ve been right.

Just another example of big mouth fans knowing fuck all about football.

Fans who stamp their feet over fuck all like Everton, Ipswich etc deserve everything they get.

Jeez you really are as bitter as sucking a lemon.
Would be interested who would be on your list of clubs here like. For example would you include your own?

Jeez you really are as bitter as sucking a lemon.
Would be interested who would be on your list of clubs here like. For example would you include your own?
I would include my own yes as I’ve saud. The treatment of Bruce and Poyet was ridiculous.

Look at West Brom twisting about pulis because he doesn’t play the right style!

Hopefully they fail in their promotion bid and languish in the championship.

It’s f***ing grim. Not certain of the standards your lot are used too, but us being a premier league side less than 2 seasons ago it’s like watching Sunday league. That comparison is over used, but in this case it’s apt. What to expect:

Fat pissheads making up most of the playing staff
That one kid that thinks he’s mint because he’s in decent shape and owns pink boots but has no end product.
Players doing the bare minimum because they’ve all but given up on having a successful career
A lot of ‘we know we’re shit’ banter with every single opponent
Uncomfortable Away grounds from the 70s
Players thinking they are the second coming of Christ because are a little bit less rich than other players
Your own fans pretending it’s good because admitting to the reality is no fun at all

Pretty much every club is saturated with these down here. It’s completely shit. Best thing about it is the sheer lack of effort, quality, intelligence that it takes to get out of it.

His arrogant personality was the thing that pissed off Ipswich fans in the end plus telling the away fans to fuck off when we took the lead in the last minute at Norwich last season.

As a manager, he did well on a shite budget.

Forgive me if wrong but Ipswich now destined to a level not seen since Alf Ramsey took them out in late 1950's Thats a long long time. And clubs like Ipswich only fall so far after years of decline which a succession of managers fail to arrest. Yet his record at Ipswich is 9th 6th 7th 16th for full seasons up until last season . Yet clearly he left due to fan unrest rather than results.

Depends if Marcus Evans wants to help the club get back to the championship. Depends who you keep and it'll depend on is Lambert is kept on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back