Ipswich fan here - what's League One like lads?

The novelty of new grounds and being the biggest fish in the small pond will only work if we get promoted.

I actually quite enjoy the chase of promotion, it's so much more enjoyable than the worry/dread of relegation. But having said that, if we lose in the Play Offs i'll be wounded.

We simply have to get in the league whereby Promotion to the Premier League seems close by.

Historically the second tiers our level, we’ve played more game in it than any other club by some distance too, I say it because at this level it’s proper supporters that you meet at games not bell ends who are up their own arses, it’s real football not the watered down shit watched by snobby pricks like you get at the top level.
I think you will find there are a lot of bellend fans in this league, just ask any SAFC fan

Level of football is a step down, but the ability to fake injury and dive to con refs is as good as I ever saw.. I'm enjoying this season, but will be glad if we make it back to the championship first time..

Canny to start with, however the prospect of teams coming here and shutting up shop for the next few months terrifies me that we may be here longer than I'd like.

Bit like shagging the office bimbo, good for a one off but thats it.

More fun than the Premier League. It's canny, but any division is if you win most of the time and have the best players. Also you get to play in the Checkatrade, which is now my favourite competition by a mile.

Aye, this.
Actually not getting beat every week is nice, it ground us down after a while.
The football is 'retro'.
Lots of hit the big men up top.

Worst thing is the time wasting. When we are at home the opposition start from the 1st minute, every goal kick has the keeper strolling around, changing sides.
The same thing happens at every level probably pisses off the Man City fans aswell, don’t worry about it there’s enough time in 90 minutes to win the match if the players are up for it

Number of reasons, his tactics, signings, overall arrogant personality, saying shite like ‘I don’t remember Nosworthy wanting to play centre half for me’ and ‘the club have gave me everything I asked for’.
Exactly. The fifteen point season was a f***ing disgrace. Anyone who defends him by saying shit like, ‘Oh he didn’t have much money to work with...’ which is the classic defence, usually by people who obviously didn’t even watch us during the fifteen point season, well you only have to look at the level of player he signed with the money he *did* have. If he’d had fifteen to twenty million to spend in the fifteen point season, at best, he would have spent it on a load of f***ing Championship level plodders. I mean, having said that and considering we were playing Premier League football, the level of player we currently have in League One are a higher calibre than the shit he served up back then.

I have absolutely no time for the arrogant prick.

Exactly. The fifteen point season was a f***ing disgrace. Anyone who defends him by saying shit like, ‘Oh he didn’t have much money to work with...’ which is the classic defence, usually by people who obviously didn’t even watch us during the fifteen point season, well you only have to look at the level of player he signed with the money he *did* have. If he’d had fifteen to twenty million to spend in the fifteen point season, at best, he would have spent it on a load of f***ing Championship level plodders. I mean, having said that and considering we were playing Premier League football, the level of player we currently have in League One are a higher calibre than the shit he served up back then.

I have absolutely no time for the arrogant prick.
Bang on mate. That promotion team wasn’t very good but he made it worse by taking it apart and replacing them with even worse players. Stewart, Deane, Thornton, Poom, Myhre we’re far better options than Stead, Gray, Davis, Miller, Bassila etc.

When we sold Craddock he said summit like ‘I wish I could have kept him’. Arsehole of the highest order.

The same thing happens at every level probably pisses off the Man City fans aswell, don’t worry about it there’s enough time in 90 minutes to win the match if the players are up for it

I know, it just sets the tone for the game early on, I get it if you're defending a lead near the end but having a tactic from the off to have as little play as possible is depressing.
It would be interesting to see what actual added on time should be.

I think I am one of the few looking forward to a few new grounds after 15 years straight mainly treading water in the Championship.

What's the general experience like?

Cheers and good luck getting back up

Its canny, we're having a ball!! C'mon down. One season only tho.

I know, it just sets the tone for the game early on, I get it if you're defending a lead near the end but having a tactic from the off to have as little play as possible is depressing.
It would be interesting to see what actual added on time should be.
Yeah the time never gets added back but it should also give encouragement to the players i.e. these lot fear us and have come for a draw

I think I am one of the few looking forward to a few new grounds after 15 years straight mainly treading water in the Championship.

Wrong question.

Rally the supporters and the players and do whatever it takes to not get relegated this year. With Norwich likely to be promoted ... definition of hell on earth is when your biggest rival is 2 Divisions above in the pyramid!

If you think the refs are bad in the championship, you’ve seen nothing yet. Clubs will treat playing you as their cup final, timewasting ,cheating,in the refs ear from the kick off and general fuckwittery to try and win the game. Get rid off any big earners you have at the club and get players in who are hungry and young. You need at least one decent striker and pack the midfield with pace. Apart from this you’ll enjoy it. By the way, the way your fans and owner treated Mick Mac was a f***ing disgrace and you’re getting what you deserve, relegated.

lol

good when you're winning

Wrong question.

Rally the supporters and the players and do whatever it takes to not get relegated this year. With Norwich likely to be promoted ... definition of hell on earth is when your biggest rival is 2 Divisions above in the pyramid!
exactly.... there's no guarantees on going back up

Back