IPL 2020

That is absolute lunacy from Dhoni. Bowling a left arm spinner to two left arm batsmen in the final over, when they need a big over and small boundaries.

Pretty much cost them the match.

TBF Jadeja is one of his most experienced players. He should have done better. That said I'd have gone with Bravo after the death over he bowled in their last match.

interesting they have moved him down

Still the way England should go

he had a good series opening v Aussies, but we have better in that position in my opinion, him n Stokes down the other for me

I agree, we have plenty of options at the top but not many middle order options. Buttler imo is the best finisher in white ball cricket.

Separately, India could have a top 4 of Dhawan, Rohit, Kohli and Rahul at the world cup- not bad

I agree, we have plenty of options at the top but not many middle order options. Buttler imo is the best finisher in white ball cricket.

Separately, India could have a top 4 of Dhawan, Rohit, Kohli and Rahul at the world cup- not bad

Aye very good

think we’ve just lost our mojo slightly

always fancy the West Indies me

they just have no fear in that format

I think they put Buttler and Stokes up top as they're versatile players who can play a test innings or smash a fifty in four overs. If you're batting first you never know what wicket you're going to get. Buttler's trouble is he often plays the wrong innings for the occasion. I'd much rather have him coming in in the middle overs against spinners trying to tighten the screw, because he's so powerful against spin.

Speaking of changing your openers, interesting strategy from Warner to put Williamson in ahead of him.

I really rate Lockie Ferguson in the white ball stuff, was brilliant in the world cup too.
I think they put Buttler and Stokes up top as they're versatile players who can play a test innings or smash a fifty in four overs. If you're batting first you never know what wicket you're going to get. Buttler's trouble is he often plays the wrong innings for the occasion. I'd much rather have him coming in in the middle overs against spinners trying to tighten the screw, because he's so powerful against spin.

Speaking of changing your openers, interesting strategy from Warner to put Williamson in ahead of him.

I agree yeah, in IPL fair enough, England I think they are better down the order, what you say about pitches is true, which is why Root gets in every XI on every surface for me.

I dunno I just dont fancy England for this one, I think there is a bit of muddled thinking going on, and not everyone knows their role.

Last edited:
Is Lockie Ferguson the most underrated bowler in cricket? That 90mph yorker would have got anyone out.
I really rate Lockie Ferguson in the white ball stuff

Agree, was immense for them in wc final. Rarely gets the plaudits of the likes of Rabada, Archer and Cummins.

Last edited:
Is Lockie Ferguson the most underrated bowler in cricket? That 90mph yorker would have got anyone out.

Agree, was immense for them in wc final. Rarely gets the plaudits of the likes of Rabada, Archer and Cummins.

Aye not at all, he hasn't played as much to be fair, feels like that was his longest run, maybe that is why, although Kiwis too tend to go under the radar.

played 1 test in Australia and got injured.

They paid so much for Cummins like, who is a good bowler, but still kind of bowls a test match length in T20, Ferguson looks a step up in this format.

Super over. Minging decision by Morgan to give Russell not Ferguson the final over.
Has previous for baffling last over decisions this year mind. Nothing will ever beat that Rashid decision though
And Ferguson given the super over and take two wickets and keeps it to 2

Last edited:
Has previous for baffling last over decisions this year mind. Nothing will ever beat that Rashid decision though

Not looked as good when he didn't have the world's best white ball coach upstairs TBF. Started to believe his own hype and became cocky culminating in Hales freezing out which was petty and out of order.

Had the good sense to use Ferguson in the super over who set up the easiest possible run chase which he and Karthik eventually jogged off. Funny AF to see Warner out first ball.

Back