Investing Money Into Sunderland FC

🤞🙏
Should I become a multi-millionaire by winning the lottery, I would invest in my club. There would be dozens of caveats, recruiting only top draw football management people ,GoM a proper scouting system ( no top club does without one) young, talented players, no friends of friends who have won scholarships in the past at the academy and a group of fans who could help with the feed back , for me I would have done my best to help my club. I'm comfortable and don't need much so it wouldn't go amiss.

There is still time
🤞 🙏

Last edited:

I get the premise mate but gate receipts mean very little in football now and if KLD wanted to put the money in he could do he’s choosing not to at the moment because of the model he wants to work within. It’s like short in many ways this he’s being badly advised by people who claim to know football.

He's spent money like, why do people still claim he hasn't?

Everybody crying out for KLD to put his hand in his pocket.
Sunderland’s cheapest season ticket is approx £390 with Boros cheapest season ticket being £590.
Would you be willing to cough up an extra £200 a season for your ticket with no guarantee of promotion?

When is there a guarantee?

Ambition and performances would dictate how many pay. Most people are questioning many things about KLD and how the money that has been spent has been used more than expecting him to put his hands in his pockets and go mental.

Boro are up and down, generally speaking over the years and even in recent leaner years they've been a bit more ambitious than we have so it generally goes hand in hand. You're not going to get the numbers through the gate we get, if you show the level of ambition we have and put prices up.

Last edited:
He's spent money like, why do people still claim he hasn't?
Because we have the 21st lowest wage bill in the league and have a structure that isn’t left from even to sign important players.
He’s reinvested received transfer fees whilst cutting the wage bill. Hence why we have been a lot shitter this season than last.

A good businessman should not be coming up with a new 5-year plan every year. There should be only minor tweaks to the original plan
If a new plan is needed every year then the original plan was a complete waste of everyones time (and money) and the owner of the plan should be sacked (except in extreme circumstances such as pandemic etc)
Can you imagine having a plan that included Michael Beale as manager

Judging by the "blip" this year then years 4 & 5 of the plan should be the exciting magical carpet ride we have been promised for years

They would build a new plan each year because a new 5th year would be on the calendar each year as the previous 5th year becomes the new 4th year. Tweaks would be made to incorporate any new information gained in the year since the initial plan was made.

Think about it, if 3 years back you had made a 5 year plan where you planned for us to be promoted from League 1 to the Championship in year 3, but in reality we actually got promote in year 2, it would make no sense to continue to follow the original plan for year 3 because we would have already achieved what year 3 was supposed to achieve.

If you thought "well, we can just bump year 4 of the original plan to year 3 instead", some of it might still fit but a significant amount of the plan would no longer be in sync (for example, certain players who weren't due to mature into full first team players for another season might find themselves out of their depth or lacking the experience to be consistent), and you'd also find that instead of a 5 year plan you only had a 4 year plan because of bumping everything forward a year.

Just one example of why it would be crazy to not be making a new 5-year plan each year.

And yes, as you say, that doesn't even take into account "extreme circumstances". Bring those into the conversation, and refusing to alter the plan each year would be utter madness.

They would build a new plan each year because a new 5th year would be on the calendar each year as the previous 5th year becomes the new 4th year. Tweaks would be made to incorporate any new information gained in the year since the initial plan was made.

Think about it, if 3 years back you had made a 5 year plan where you planned for us to be promoted from League 1 to the Championship in year 3, but in reality we actually got promote in year 2, it would make no sense to continue to follow the original plan for year 3 because we would have already achieved what year 3 was supposed to achieve.

If you thought "well, we can just bump year 4 of the original plan to year 3 instead", some of it might still fit but a significant amount of the plan would no longer be in sync (for example, certain players who weren't due to mature into full first team players for another season might find themselves out of their depth or lacking the experience to be consistent), and you'd also find that instead of a 5 year plan you only had a 4 year plan because of bumping everything forward a year.

Just one example of why it would be crazy to not be making a new 5-year plan each year.

And yes, as you say, that doesn't even take into account "extreme circumstances". Bring those into the conversation, and refusing to alter the plan each year would be utter madness.
What are you on about.l? The 5 year plan isn’t on track because we are f***ing shite. We have a poorer sqaud than last season, where was that in the plan? We will have had no manager for around a third of the season.

If you don't know the club's name why would you expect anyone to treat your posts seriously?

Boro's if you are being consistent with the use of apostrophes.
So every time you speak the name of the club do you say Sunderland AFC or just Sunderland?
The song also goes Sunderland FC by far the greatest team, the world has ever seen.
So give yer head a shake.

So every time you speak the name of the club do you say Sunderland AFC or just Sunderland?
The song also goes Sunderland FC by far the greatest team, the world has ever seen.
So give yer head a shake.
You sing it incorrectly. It is "Sunderland AFC." Try singing it without the A, then with the A. You'll notice the difference."Give your head a shake" is a fairly standard response from someone with no valid argument. I refer to Sunderland in general conversation but I would always use AFC if I was going to write the club's name. Have you missed my post regarding the use of apostrophes?

The 5 year plan :lol:

They absolutely love supporters like you.

What are you on about.l? The 5 year plan isn’t on track because we are f***ing shite. We have a poorer sqaud than last season, where was that in the plan? We will have had no manager for around a third of the season.
The squad we had when we won the league one playoffs is much better than the one we’ve got right now. 5 year plans fell flat on its arse.

the owners are putting more in than the fans now though..
even in the premier league the season ticket prices were way too cheap and the pwner was subsidising it
And so they should. They’re either multi-millionaires or billionaires. If they don’t want to tip in then they shouldn’t be here. Nobody forced them into buying Sunderland, and nobody did it out of a personal connection to the club either.

Mike Ashley of NUFC fame was demonised by Mags for turning them into a sustainable club and not investing large amounts of his own cash, yet we continue to tolerate KLD doing exactly the same. Not sure who is right or wrong but I do know that expecting kids to get us promoted is insane.

You sing it incorrectly. It is "Sunderland AFC." Try singing it without the A, then with the A. You'll notice the difference."Give your head a shake" is a fairly standard response from someone with no valid argument. I refer to Sunderland in general conversation but I would always use AFC if I was going to write the club's name. Have you missed my post regarding the use of apostrophes?
That’s bollocks and you know it.

That’s bollocks and you know it.
You are flogging a dead horse. I'm in U38 and know what I sing. We also sing 'We are the SA, the SAFC.' You still haven't replied to my post about the use of apostrophes. If you are going to correct someone in the use of an apostrophe you should be sure to use apostrophes correctly. I think the negative reaction you are receiving from other posters should set you thinking.

Back