Investing Money Into Sunderland FC

Hate this sort of rubbish. It's not our club, we have absolutely no say or ownership in anything. When I buy a pack of tomatoes at Tesco, I'm not investing in Tesco. In business terms, it's exactly the same.

I want the business owner to provide a decent product as a customer (which I am), it's not my job as the customer to do that.

This sort of mentality is the exact reason why football owners can take the piss, as there's always mugs wanting to throw money away.

he is prepared tp invest..thats why he is investing..just because he has money
if the people of sunderland arent prepared to invest enough..why should he?
He is from a billiaonire family=-doesnt mean he has to subsidise your hobby.

One of the reasons SAFC struggled in the prem was a laziness among fans and staff-"the owner is a billaionire" so we dont have to pay proper prices for tickets or run the club effiiently..

Stoke are experiecing the same now...lazy staff who feel no pressure to achivee because the billiaonrie will pick up the tab..
Showing your true colours here Mr Methven.

Everything is half arsed by the club and has been for years and years. If it was all first rate, maybe the club would be justified in saying we need to pay a bit more for it, and I think many would.

Fans, quite rightly, will not pay for jam tomorrow on this, especially after so many years of being half arsed.

The club have to make things (considerably) better, then they can maybe ask fans to dip into their pockets more.

Showing your true colours here Mr Methven.

Everything is half arsed by the club and has been for years and years. If it was all first rate, maybe the club would be justified in saying we need to pay a bit more for it, and I think many would.

Fans, quite rightly, will not pay for jam tomorrow on this, especially after so many years of being half arsed.

The club have to make things (considerably) better, then they can maybe ask fans to dip into their pockets more.
Hi mask/bitterness slips every fecking thread 😂

What a ‘Tory’ way to look at things. As another poster has said, investment via % % would have the vast majority of us putting more money in than KLD.
I don’t understand why he even bought us? The only way he can profit is to get us promoted and he’s refusing to invest to allow that to happen.
The fact we have the third lowest wage bill in the league is a disgrace, we are still outperforming our expenditure even though we are shite! We will do down next season if he doesn’t invest this summer, it’s inevitable with how cheap we are been ran.

It's actually the opposite of a tory way to look at it.

The tories want lower taxes and lower spending.
Labour and the Lib Dems want higher taxes and higher spending.
The folks on here denying it's "the fans' fault" want lower taxes and higher spending.

The folks on here denying it's "the fans' fault" want lower taxes and higher spending.
How about similar taxes and similar spending only spending better and in areas (of the team) that need improvement the most

How about similar taxes and similar spending only spending better and in areas (of the team) that need improvement the most

How about letting them get on with their long-term plan instead of complaining that Step 1 doesn't bring success, and wait and see where it takes us in 3-5 years when we've had a chance to see the actual result of it?

How about letting them get on with their long-term plan instead of complaining that Step 1 doesn't bring success, and wait and see where it takes us in 3-5 years when we've had a chance to see the actual result of it?
But we are already at year 3 of the 5 year plan to be back in the Premier League (KLD words not mine)

But we are already at year 3 of the 5 year plan to be back in the Premier League (KLD words not mine)

Did you expect every year of that 5 years to be better than the previous year with no blips?

Also, I expect any good businessman comes up with a new 5-year plan every year based on the changing circumstances.

Everybody crying out for KLD to put his hand in his pocket.
Sunderland’s cheapest season ticket is approx £390 with Boros cheapest season ticket being £590.
Would you be willing to cough up an extra £200 a season for your ticket with no guarantee of promotion?
Playing Devil's advocate here - if safc haven't even nailed their colours to the master with regards to a new manager, why should people renew their season tickets blindly? They could employ a poor man's Michael Beale next!

Did you expect every year of that 5 years to be better than the previous year with no blips?

Also, I expect any good businessman comes up with a new 5-year plan every year based on the changing circumstances.
A good businessman should not be coming up with a new 5-year plan every year. There should be only minor tweaks to the original plan
If a new plan is needed every year then the original plan was a complete waste of everyones time (and money) and the owner of the plan should be sacked (except in extreme circumstances such as pandemic etc)
Can you imagine having a plan that included Michael Beale as manager

Judging by the "blip" this year then years 4 & 5 of the plan should be the exciting magical carpet ride we have been promised for years

5 yr plan is bollocks. Its well known football has 2-3yr cycles. We're just at the end of this one, so we start a new cycle. 2024/25 is rebuilding and I predict we go up the following year 2025/26 and then come straight back down the following season. That takes us to 2027/28 season when we start all over again.

It's not Tory or Labour and it's not a tax.

It's basic economics and supply and demand. Selling 20,000 tickets at £400 average is better than 10,000 at £600 average.

I'm not an expert at economics but there's some nonsense being thrown around in this thread. Why people think we're 'investing' in a club baffles me.

Basic business also says if you want to charge more than you need to provide a good product and right now the customer service is dire, the football is dire and the basic amenities are dire. If this was any other business it would be going bust now and rightly so aswell.

not going to be able to financialyy compete with the premier league teams if thats the case
That’s always been the case thou PL TV money helps build the foundation without relying on gate receipts. But one could argue gate receipts matter on a bigger % in the Championship there lies the problem of increasing the season tickets

Playing Devil's advocate here - if safc haven't even nailed their colours to the master with regards to a new manager, why should people renew their season tickets blindly? They could employ a poor man's Michael Beale next!
Or why should people renew if KLD sells out to a poor man's Donald?
A good businessman should not be coming up with a new 5-year plan every year. There should be only minor tweaks to the original plan
If a new plan is needed every year then the original plan was a complete waste of everyones time (and money) and the owner of the plan should be sacked (except in extreme circumstances such as pandemic etc)
Can you imagine having a plan that included Michael Beale as manager

Judging by the "blip" this year then years 4 & 5 of the plan should be the exciting magical carpet ride we have been promised for years
Did KLD promise a magic carpet ride?
Oh no, not again.

One of the thickest posters on the board.
.......and yet you're still here reading them. Says a lot.

Last edited:
Look up the road Shepard and Ashley got pelters, Ashley pretty much doing what kld hopes to do but actually successfully yet was public enemy number one. Boycouutttts, death threats, couldn't even go to his own clubs games man. Meanwhile the worst it got was Murray may or may not have got spat at in a restaurant and a red card protest 35 years ago. Nowt was done under short even after we crashed through the divisions. Your clearly not a Sunderland fan.
You're.
Anyone missing this should receive a ban.
Anyone that bothered about it should receive therapy.

Last edited:
You're.

Anyone that bothered about it should receive therapy.
If you don't know the club's name why would you expect anyone to treat your posts seriously?
Everybody crying out for KLD to put his hand in his pocket.
Sunderland’s cheapest season ticket is approx £390 with Boros cheapest season ticket being £590.
Would you be willing to cough up an extra £200 a season for your ticket with no guarantee of promotion?
Boro's if you are being consistent with the use of apostrophes.

Last edited:

No they don’t, they’re saying we put in a higher percentage of our net worth than he does!
5 yr plan is bollocks. Its well known football has 2-3yr cycles. We're just at the end of this one, so we start a new cycle. 2024/25 is rebuilding and I predict we go up the following year 2025/26 and then come straight back down the following season. That takes us to 2027/28 season when we start all over again.
What a load of shite

Last edited:
Should I become a multi-millionaire by winning the lottery, I would invest in my club. There would be dozens of caveats, recruiting only top draw football management people ,GoM a proper scouting system ( no top club does without one) young, talented players, no friends of friends who have won scholarships in the past at the academy and a group of fans who could help with the feed back , for me I would have done my best to help my club. I'm comfortable and don't need much so it wouldn't go amiss.

There is still time

Back