RR Interview: Benji Kimpioka’s agent on where the Sunderland forward’s contract negotiations are at

How would we know how many Kimpioka would have gotten given that he’s never played?

Grigg fucked up yet another sitter yesterday. If he’s more worthy of a place on the bench then I’m the king of Spain.

He’s obviously not doing enough in training or u23 games. If he was then he’d be in the squad.

Maybe he’s just not very good?

I apologise.. But he's clearly being kept around in the hope he hits the form we know he can. Kimpioka isn't good enough full stop.

If they use him as an example, they are screwed. As his career was fucked before it even started. Is he still a Swansea?
I think he is but never plays

If he, or his agent, truly cared about his career he’d of signed a new contract and been out on loan this season. He’s raw as fuck and not up to League One standard.

He could of been playing week in week out in the conference or abroad (maybe even league two?), but instead he’s f***ing about with contracts. No sympathy at all from me.

I think we’ll lose him, and maybe in four or five seasons we’ll regret it if he matures into a good player and works his way up, but I somehow doubt it with the attitude he’s displaying at the moment.

What has Grigg done since signing that shows he’s earned the right to be ahead of Kimpioka on the bench?

Are you serious? For all Grigg has lacked something and he's got no confidence he's actually scored and looked likely to on occasions. Technically he's quite decent even if physically he's not what I'd like. Kimpioka dribbles the ball once or twice and the rest of the time he runs around like a headless chicken, with absolutely no first touch and little control, he's the proverbial 'dog with a balloon'. He's a mile away from League One level at the moment, but has one or two ingredients that means he may develop into something useful given time and of course games, but he needs to earn that.

You seemingly are happy agents and players not up to it are holding us to ransom so you can slag the club off, again, whilst using players currently also not up to it as some kind of example of why they should be playing.

Last edited:
Are you serious? For all Grigg has lacked something and he's got no confidence he's actually scored and looked likely to on occasions. Technically he's quite decent even if physically he's not what I'd like. Kimpioka dribbles the ball once or twice and the rest of the time he runs around like a headless chicken, with absolutely no first touch and little control, he's the proverbial 'dog with a balloon'. He's a mile away from League One level at the moment, but has one or two ingredients that means he may develop into something useful given time and of course games, but he needs to earn that.

You seemingly are happy agents and players not up to it are holding us to ransom so you can slag the club off, again.

I’m not bothered one bit about whether he looked likely to score or not. He hasn’t done the job he’s been paid to do.

Whether an agent holds the club to ransom is irrelevant. I’m only interested in getting out of this shit league. If we have to use players in the final year of their contract to do it then so be it.
He’s obviously not doing enough in training or u23 games. If he was then he’d be in the squad.

Maybe he’s just not very good?

How would he play when Donald has said he won’t play if he doesn’t sign a new deal?

Last edited:
If he, or his agent, truly cared about his career he’d of signed a new contract and been out on loan this season. He’s raw as fuck and not up to League One standard.

He could of been playing week in week out in the conference or abroad (maybe even league two?), but instead he’s f***ing about with contracts. No sympathy at all from me.

I think we’ll lose him, and maybe in four or five seasons we’ll regret it if he matures into a good player and works his way up, but I somehow doubt it with the attitude he’s displaying at the moment.

Not an option according to the article.

Ross clearly doesn't think he's ready for the first team squad, player and agent disagree.

They only way to test who's right is for the player to find a manager who rates him.

I’m not bothered one bit about whether he looked likely to score or not. He hasn’t done the job he’s been paid to do.

Whether an agent holds the club to ransom is irrelevant. I’m only interested in getting out of this shit league. If we have to use players in the final year of their contract to do it then so be it.

Well neither have most, but there's other reasons for that as well isn't there? Or do you just put kids into almost every position whether they look likely to or not?

The problem here is you're trying to advocate someone who looked a bit inept technically, looks a bit allover the place, has proven nothing, has done nothing for the first team and on his only appearances in League One looked inept, but has some decent physical attributes and whom is holding the club for either assurances or more money as yet anther reason to knock the club and lets be honest it's f***ing pathetic and happening far to often to take it seriously.

Can't say I'd lose any sleep at all if he went, he's funny to watch when he's come on but he isn't actually any good at football, and I'm not convinced he ever will be even at this level. If he wants to stay, fine, but I haven't seen anything to merit a bumper contract to keep him.

I apologise, I misread it. But he's clearly being kept around in the hope he hits the form we know he can. Kimpioka isn't good enough full stop.

If they use him as an example, they are screwed. As his career was fucked before it even started. Is he still a Swansea?
He’s done the square root of fuck all.

Last edited:

Back