RR Interview: Benji Kimpioka’s agent on where the Sunderland forward’s contract negotiations are at

I’m not bothered one bit about whether he looked likely to score or not. He hasn’t done the job he’s been paid to do.

Whether an agent holds the club to ransom is irrelevant. I’m only interested in getting out of this shit league. If we have to use players in the final year of their contract to do it then so be it.

How would he play when Donald has said he won’t play if he doesn’t sign a new deal?

He was involved plenty in pre season.

Think Kimpioka has looked well out of his depth every time I've seen him bar maybe one sub appearance where he caused a few problems (Peterborough at home last year?).

Rest of the time he's been tripping over the ball and miscontrolling it. Not sure what he's been doing for the u23's.

There's an argument he won't get any better without game time and maybe should have a place on the bench but I'd only be wanting to bring him on if we are winning and are looking well on top which is rare. We are generally hanging on for dear life and all he would do is add pressure.

Think Kimpioka has looked well out of his depth every time I've seen him bar maybe one sub appearance where he caused a few problems (Peterborough at home last year?).

Rest of the time he's been tripping over the ball and miscontrolling it. Not sure what he's been doing for the u23's.

There's an argument he won't get any better without game time and maybe should have a place on the bench but I'd only be wanting to bring him on if we are winning and are looking well on top which is rare. We are generally hanging on for dear life and all he would do is add pressure.
I think there’s an argument for having his pace on the bench if we need to get at people late on but he’s not worthy of a start to me.

The thing that concerns me about the likes of Maja, Benji, Hulme, Embleton etc is that they were part of our academy when we were a premier league side. As part of an academy that was top flight, we should have had the cream of the crop. The fact that 2-3 years later they are not even regulars in the 3rd tier is a pretty poor reflection on our academy coaches, academy scouts and the players themselves, who, if we had retained our premier league status, would be nowhere near a reserve team squad, let alone a first team one.

WTF has been going on in our academy since 2014 that 19-20 year olds who joined it as teenagers, came through it and graduated are utter garbage?

I feel as though the lad’s agent is doing him no favours at all. What bigger club than Sunderland is going to come in for him? Who will pay him more than us ?
I can sort of understand Asoro and. Maja who actually looked as though they would make the grade but this lad had shown absolutely nothing to justify his agents opinion.
I would tell Kimpioka, Sign your contract , knuckle down and you may just make it at a club that appears to be on the up.

The thing that concerns me about the likes of Maja, Benji, Hulme, Embleton etc is that they were part of our academy when we were a premier league side. As part of an academy that was top flight, we should have had the cream of the crop. The fact that 2-3 years later they are not even regulars in the 3rd tier is a pretty poor reflection on our academy coaches, academy scouts and the players themselves, who, if we had retained our premier league status, would be nowhere near a reserve team squad, let alone a first team one.

WTF has been going on in our academy since 2014 that 19-20 year olds who joined it as teenagers, came through it and graduated are utter garbage?
Barely for those lads, what about Henderson and Pickford in that academy

No kid could have come in during the moyes to the champ relegation season and played confidently

To be fair to the lad, if he can’t break into the team when we are in league 1 at our lowest point then he really shouldn’t sign a new deal and he should go somewhere to play first team football.

There’s absolutely no point in him playing in the woeful 23s set up, not doing anyone any good and this year is a waste of a year for him.

Got talking to 2 academy lads about 17 on a train 3 year back. World at their feet n all one prick wanted to talk about was wages n that he had the same agent as a lad fulham sold to city. Seen feck all of either of them since, probably on the tills in lidl.

Worries me too.
If we were a prem league still, you'd think that these players would be out on loan to championship or league one clubs.
Is it because we're not peforming well, so JR is under too much pressure to give them a regular chance?
Really, lots of games in this league, we should be coasting and 2 or 3 up, and then putting Embleton and robson in for the last 30 mins. But JR game plan has us holding on for dear life, undr the cosh when we're winning.

BTW, I think hulme is going to be good, but already he gets slagged off on here after a handful of games (mainly, imo, for JR instructions and game plan in thr Oxford game, where it was apparant that no one knew what the fuck they were doing)

Last edited:

Back