Insulate Britain

Ok fella, that is a drop in the ocean compared to what they actually pump out in to the atmosphere. So call the fact that China are the biggest polluting country bollocks is simply rubbish.

Check out this one Which countries are the world’s biggest carbon polluters? - Climate Trade
China of course is the biggest polluter but if you take the population and the fact that they manufacture 1/2 the shit for the rest of the world, they aren’t half as bad as others.
i can tell you from my own experience in industry that they are doing a lot more than the US who just talk a good game. And I work for a US multinational.
I guess my point is that those who can’t be arsed to give a fuck just point at China and say they are worse than us. It’s an easy get out

Last edited:

China of course is the biggest polluter but if you take the population and the fact that they manufacture 1/2 the shit for the rest of the world, they aren’t half as bad as others.
i can tell you from my own experience in industry that they are doing a lot more than the US who just talk a good game. And I work for a US multinational.
Exactly what I was saying they are the worst and haven't done anything until the last couple of years, the likes of the US, Russia and Asia are terrible and haven't done a thing about it. I hate any type of pollution and the amount of plastic waste I see over in the middle east is disgusting and when I take my reusable bags to the supermarkets it's almost like I have walked in bollock naked, I have even had to stop the lad that packs the bags putting my shopping in plastic bags then in to my reusable ones. It just seems like an alien concept to them over here and there is absolutely zero recycling, it's when you see things like that where you realise that if the big countries don't get on board soon then we are screwed big time.

It's some of the crap China manufactures that is a problem too as they make some cheap crap that so many people buy because it is cheap, I have started really checking out where we get things from and have even introduced it to how we purchase some of the things we use in our construction jobs and try to get the purchasing team to look local first.

Last edited:
You are missing the point here fella, the UK Government ARE doing something about it.

Do you know what is being done about it in much bigger countries than the UK?

I can tell you first hand that no where near as much is being done in the US or the Middle East and don't even think that China will look at it and they are the worst offenders.

It's almost getting to the same levels as the shop shouters.
Forget it, he's a lost cause mate.
He will wounded, when the buds do indeed get nipped. :lol:

Last edited:
I meant delayed sorry. It wasn't derailed but it was dangerous.

I know. We dealt with the consequences of their actions as we do now. A danger to themselves and other individuals. Not society. Society will roll on.

Appreciate your correction and pleased to see we are mostly in agreement.

During the poll tax riots I remember my train being derailed and I was six hours late because some fool dangerously put wood blocks on the line as part of the protest. During the miners strike someone suugested petrol bombing a scab bus and I easily talked them out of it. I would say they are a danger to themselves and other indiviuals. I think society condider them fools and they pose no danger to it. Stop using silly language.
during the poll tax riots i was stood watching it all unfold from the top of trafalgar square. it all started out very peacefully until it was hijacked. i was quite fortunate to get past downing st before it descended into chaos. i still maintain the authorities got exactly what they wanted my funnelling the march. anyway, that's another discussion altogether.
perhaps that's why the police have been so light handed with this current lot with the aim to discredit them amongst the general public?
Difficult to argue with that although it depends a bit on what you mean by 'made an example of'. They can only be prosecuted under the laws we have in place and you don't want to turn them into some kind of martyrs. That's why I would rather do something like freezing their assets although I admit I have no idea what sort of donations they get and how much they rely on them.
i was meaning they should be made an example of as an individual. it's all too easy to break the law hiding behind a 'cause' regardless of how meritorious it is.

China is the biggest investor in green technology in the world so your post is absolute bollocks. Below is just one example.
In the chemical industry, one small incident will result in the offender being shut down.
Is this the same China that blocks the Apple weather app from reporting pollution levels because it reveals uncomfortable truths?

Measures like the above and electric London taxis in one megacity are a good start, but they've a hell of a way to go yet.

Could some please explain what the protesters actually are asking the government to change and what new measures are they demanding?
Is the current green drive not what they want?

China will always do things their own way and at their own pace. China want get people out of povery and to modernise. Champion. they use coal to meet their need. As thse points are adressed they seem to be promoting the use for themselves and the countries closest to them. We already buy their solar panels by the ton. The Chinese are. as ever in a good position.
I guess my point is that those who can’t be arsed to give a fuck just point at China and say they are worse than us. It’s an easy get out
Agreed.
The nudey extinction rebellion lady been on this morning

Spoke very well actually
They usually do but their protests have shot themselves in the face haven't they. People usually choose their allegiances accoring to the publicity. No one wants to look like a goon. One of those people. The 'cause' still goes on but in another direction.

Last edited:

Back