Inglorious Basterds

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think it is one of his better ones. People are used to anything WW2 related being completely devoid of humour (Allo Allo excluded) so i think that's what makes it seem odd to some.

The story is a fantasy, not a retelling of actual events. I think QT described it as a western with WW2 iconography. If you set your suspension of disbelief to a correct level it is a really good film.
Correct.

I get the fact that some people think his films are a series of brilliantly written and shot set peices which are sometimes strung together a bit haphazardly, I think the set pieces are that good in most of his films I can forgive it though.

Django Unchained and Hateful Eight are the only ones that I have never had the urge to go back and watch more than once but still thought both were more than passable from what I remember.

Django Unchained and Hateful Eight are the only ones that I have never had the urge to go back and watch more than once but still thought both were more than passable from what I remember.

:eek::eek::eek:

I don't know why but I've always loved westerns and I thought those two Tarantino movies were something else, have watched both at least five times.

Not to mention the Ennio Moriccone soundtracks on both :eek:

Far from my favourite Tarantino film but Christoph Waltz is brilliant in it, the opening scene is one of the best.

Much better than his last film which was utter shite

The noise when he twats the nazi in the heed is worth watching for....

Oh and the opening scene, Waltz is a charming almost camp Evil....frightening

I get the fact that some people think his films are a series of brilliantly written and shot set peices which are sometimes strung together a bit haphazardly, I think the set pieces are that good in most of his films I can forgive it though.

Me too - enjoyed them at the time, but didn't have that retrospective pull of some of his others.

Waltz like a Ralph Fiennes, John Cleese, set chewing Godzilla and Pitt. Funny like.

Anyone see him as a painter in that other thing? Stiff as old Weetabix. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back