Inglorious Basterds

I think it is one of his better ones. People are used to anything WW2 related being completely devoid of humour (Allo Allo excluded) so i think that's what makes it seem odd to some.

The story is a fantasy, not a retelling of actual events. I think QT described it as a western with WW2 iconography. If you set your suspension of disbelief to a correct level it is a really good film.
Correct.

I get the fact that some people think his films are a series of brilliantly written and shot set peices which are sometimes strung together a bit haphazardly, I think the set pieces are that good in most of his films I can forgive it though.

Django Unchained and Hateful Eight are the only ones that I have never had the urge to go back and watch more than once but still thought both were more than passable from what I remember.

Django Unchained and Hateful Eight are the only ones that I have never had the urge to go back and watch more than once but still thought both were more than passable from what I remember.

:eek::eek::eek:

I don't know why but I've always loved westerns and I thought those two Tarantino movies were something else, have watched both at least five times.

Not to mention the Ennio Moriccone soundtracks on both :eek:

The noise when he twats the nazi in the heed is worth watching for....

Oh and the opening scene, Waltz is a charming almost camp Evil....frightening

I get the fact that some people think his films are a series of brilliantly written and shot set peices which are sometimes strung together a bit haphazardly, I think the set pieces are that good in most of his films I can forgive it though.

Me too - enjoyed them at the time, but didn't have that retrospective pull of some of his others.

Waltz like a Ralph Fiennes, John Cleese, set chewing Godzilla and Pitt. Funny like.

Anyone see him as a painter in that other thing? Stiff as old Weetabix. :)

Back