Immune system

Calling people 'sheeple' is very tame compared to the insults directed my way by people on this site for not taking the vaccine at the time, and talking of health I have no comprehension of, what are the worst ravages of COVID that would have been worse than the effects of the vaccine for those that took the vaccine and died?
You don't need to perpetuate the name calling though. Rise above it and your point of view will carry more weight. You have valid reasons for deciding not to have the vaccine, it took me a while to come around to the flu vaccine. The scale of death and long term damage is so much greater from Covid. I am not minimising the infividual deaths where the vaccine has been the main underlying cause and I understand your caution.

Yep, I rarely ever got colds or flu and anything I did get was very mild and was gone in a day or two, now I get every bug going and it lasts weeks. My lass thinks I'm daft but I really do think the vaccines have f#cked my natural defences.
OMG you've done it now :lol:

never had covid (as far as i`m aware)
had the jabs

cant recall the last cold i had
never had flu

i`m more likely to get indigestion / bad guts than i suspect other are but i rarely get these cold / fluey type things. Everyones just built different arent they

You have made a choice, fine, get on with it, or I should say, "keep cracking on". I hope you don't develop any serious problems. Calling people "sheeple" though, seriously? I have now had seven vaccinations. Pre covid I was prone to chest infections and have asthma which makes things worse. I take medication for arthritis that supresses my immune system so am at higher risk. I haven't had Covid that I know of (have tested when not well since testing started) and I consider the vaccine to have played a part in that.

People died of Covid and others are living with the consequences. As with any drug there is a risk of a reaction, I have had mild, less than 24 hours responses to some of my jabs, that is normal, others have been more seriously affected but not anywhere near the consequences of Covid's worst ravages.

Make your own choices but mebbes think about what gives you the right to insult people for making a different choice, often in circumstances and with health issues you have no comprehension of.
Have a few questions mate. I think I am going through my immune system attacking my joints. Been in agony for weeks. Doc requested bloods done and inflamation is back borderline. Just waiting on X-rays. Something similar happened to me 10 year ago. Had to see a consultant and gave me steroids and the pain was gone the next day. Seems to be every other day I have pain somewhere different. The smallest of tasks can leave me in agony. Is this something you have ever gone through?

Last edited:
Have a few questions mate. I think I am going through my immune system attacking my joints. Been in agony for weeks. Doc requested bloods done and inflamation is back borderline. Just waiting on X-rays. Something similar happened to me 10 year ago. Had to see a consultant and gave me steroids and the pain was gone the next day. Seems to be every other day I have pain somewhere different. The smallest of tasks can leave me in agony. Is this something you have ever gone through?
It sounds like the doctor is doing all of the right investigations for you. It does sound like it could be rheumatoid arthritis or related but there may be other things I am not familiar with. The experience is similar though. I had more localised reactions to begin with which meant I had two years of trying to treat mechanical issues before a different GP asked for rheumatology tests.

I have a constant dull pain in all of my joints now, which is sometimes much more intense. At other times the smallest tasks can provoke intense pain. Feeling exhausted for no obvious reason and what I can only describe as a jangling feeling all over also present at different times. Any activity tends to agitate something.

Hopefully you are experiencing something more intermittent that responds to treatment. It's frustrating but you seem to have people trying to identify what the problem is and how best to treat it and the treatments are changing all of the time.

I hope you get a diagnosis soon and it is something they can help you manage.

It sounds like the doctor is doing all of the right investigations for you. It does sound like it could be rheumatoid arthritis or related but there may be other things I am not familiar with. The experience is similar though. I had more localised reactions to begin with which meant I had two years of trying to treat mechanical issues before a different GP asked for rheumatology tests.

I have a constant dull pain in all of my joints now, which is sometimes much more intense. At other times the smallest tasks can provoke intense pain. Feeling exhausted for no obvious reason and what I can only describe as a jangling feeling all over also present at different times. Any activity tends to agitate something.

Hopefully you are experiencing something more intermittent that responds to treatment. It's frustrating but you seem to have people trying to identify what the problem is and how best to treat it and the treatments are changing all of the time.

My diagnosis last time was sarcoidois. Was put on a steroid and was pain free the following day. Had to take the course for 6 months and been ok for 5-6 years after that. Wondering if it’s returned.

Well got my diagnosis and its RA. Really gutted but at least its something I suppose. Been on prednisolone for a short while but have to stop it. Methotrexate is the common med but not keen on the side effects. Do you mind me asking what you are taking if indeed you are. The heart potential problem was a scare but that's all looked good on an ECG. Nurse said the meds are to prevent any potential damange although i've not experienced any chest/breathing issues.

Last edited:
Well got my diagnosis and its RA. Really gutted but at least its something I suppose. Been on prednisolone for a short while but have to stop it. Methotrexate is the common med but not keen on the side effects. Do you mind me asking what you are taking if indeed you are. The heart potential problem was a scare but that's all looked good on an ECG. Nurse said the meds are to prevent any potential damange although i've not experienced any chest/breathing issues.
I'm sorry you have had that diagnosis. At least you have some answers and can start dealing with it. I had exactly that reaction to methotrexate and refused it. I was about 43 or 44 and looked at the potential side effects and it scared me really, I just felt I was too young to risk that.It's hard to know if I took the right decision.

I have had sulfasalazine but that was changed when my liver was affected by it. I then went on to leflunomide which was really good for the psoriasis (my diagnosis is psoriatic arthritis).in recent months I have been started on a biological treatment (an injection every fortnight) whilst still taking leflunomide. I had to have tried other treatments first and needed to meet criteria for them to fund it. It has helped with small joints in particular - fingers and toes, and I haven't had any pain around my jaw which was becoming common. They are still evaluating me for that as it is very expensive. I had reached a really desperate point and it has given me a little bit of hope and purpose and I have had a bit more energy. I have had a poor February though.

We all respond differently - I have had joint injections which haven't really helped but might work for you. I have buried my head in the sand at times and tried to disregard it, not wanting to be defined by it, so haveñ't always been the best patient.

I don't know if any of this is particularly helpful but you will find your way of coping and I hope you get a treatment that you respond to. It is frustraing. Pain is a bugger but you can usually deal with that or get used to a certain level. It can be exhausting too, without feeling like you have done anything. Be patient with yourself and accept that some days are harder than others and it's not your fault.

I'm pleased you aren't having breathing problems.

Good luck and good health.

Back