I'm Going Vegan

I couldn't do it as it is restrictive, time-consuming, and (I would imagine looking at the Free From aisle in supermarkets) inordinately expensive. I'd much rather cut down on things I deem unhealthy and incorporate more veg/non-meat options into my diet. There are people who seemingly suffer ill effects from diets of this kind, too, so it's not for everyone.
I quite enjoy the challenge of making tasty food. It is obviously restrictive but in that restriction comes inventiveness. It isnt time consuming at all and cheap as chips. Pulses and beans are so much cheaper than meat. I still eat meat and eggs and dairy but if I had to give up tomorrow it would not be that much ofor a hardship. I'm enjoying food more now than previously but belly pork in cajun spices is still magnificent no matter how much vegan I eat.

I'm going to go vegan for a couple of weeks to see how I feel about it.

Reason mainly being for improved health. I have a couple of friends (not the attention seeking bellend type) who have been vegetarian or vegan for most of their lives and after asking their honest opinion I'm going to give it a go.

I f***ing love meat, like a proper carnivore, so this will be a big change.

Do we have any resident SMB vegans? Looking for any suggestions and advice on basic meals etc to get me going, I have Google too anar but I would prefer SMB wisdom.

I also welcome and encourage the expected abuse from the fatties and shitters ;)
Always knew you were a gigantic screeching flange. Cowvalho, when he's finished bumming Alfie, should join you, as he's another howling dog's blurt.

My advice is to refrain from consuming animal products, such as meat, eggs, dairy products and other animal-derived substances.

Hope this helps.
This is the plan.

I watched What The Health on recommendation and I'm going to try to stick to those principles in the main.

I'm not going to be militant about it, but wanting to at least stick to this 90% of the time.

This is the plan.

I watched What The Health on recommendation and I'm going to try to stick to those principles in the main.

I'm not going to be militant about it, but wanting to at least stick to this 90% of the time.
Just do it. Google is your friend. Spices and Google.

@mux are you going to prep everything from scratch and stuff
Lots of weird things you don't expect have dried milk in so it can be really tricky.
I'll be prepping some stuff, especially when I have work over the next few days.

I'll have to keep an eye on stuff like and learn the ropes. Hopefully I'll see this dramatic difference in how I feel that all the converts talk about. Only I'm a realist and a cynical bastard so unlike most people if it's a load of old shite then I'll say it is.

And to think I was going to post you an Easter egg. Ah well.
I'll still have it! :D

They must be cringing like fuck :lol:
Fuck off will ya!! Ya animal bucker!!! :lol:

Last edited:
It's interesting to see the attitudes prevailing on here to vegetarians & vegans. The preachy ones do get on your tits a bit mind. If you want to do it, feel free, but live your own life, and let others do likewise.

and your farts stink much more ...ideal for crop dusting in a work environment

See @mux it's only positives.

You get these yeast flakes and they look like fish food and taste sort of like cheese, you have that on everything. The milk takes a little getting used to but there's so many different varieties (soy, almond, cashew, hazelnut, rice, wheat) so you'll find one you like. Also you'll be like Snow White in the Disney cartoon where birds and squirrels and shit just come up to you.

My wallet is made out of cork and everyone is really friendly except that bloke at Fairplace in Newcastle who stares at me funny when I go up to the counter to pay.

I'm going to go vegan for a couple of weeks to see how I feel about it.

Reason mainly being for improved health. I have a couple of friends (not the attention seeking bellend type) who have been vegetarian or vegan for most of their lives and after asking their honest opinion I'm going to give it a go.

I f***ing love meat, like a proper carnivore, so this will be a big change.

Do we have any resident SMB vegans? Looking for any suggestions and advice on basic meals etc to get me going, I have Google too anar but I would prefer SMB wisdom.

I also welcome and encourage the expected abuse from the fatties and shitters ;)
Does that mean you'll have to spit rather than swallow? @Cowvahlo Will be gutted.

Well at least you've told us. Thats a start. Be sure to make a daily thread and tell everyone you meet and you'll be well on the way.

Back