I'm Going Vegan

I'm going to go vegan for a couple of weeks to see how I feel about it.

Reason mainly being for improved health. I have a couple of friends (not the attention seeking bellend type) who have been vegetarian or vegan for most of their lives and after asking their honest opinion I'm going to give it a go.

I f***ing love meat, like a proper carnivore, so this will be a big change.

Do we have any resident SMB vegans? Looking for any suggestions and advice on basic meals etc to get me going, I have Google too anar but I would prefer SMB wisdom.

I also welcome and encourage the expected abuse from the fatties and shitters ;)
Vegans are fatties too--Seen the size of them Elephants:D;)

Reason mainly being for improved health. I have a couple of friends (not the attention seeking bellend type) who have been vegetarian or vegan for most of their lives and after asking their honest opinion I'm going to give it a go.

Do we have any resident SMB vegans? Looking for any suggestions and advice on basic meals etc to get me going, I have Google too anar but I would prefer SMB wisdom.

I also welcome and encourage the expected abuse from the fatties and shitters ;)
It's a myth that veganism is healthier for you. The reason its touted as healthier is because you cut out a lot of shite when you do it, but not all meat is shite. It's all about the quality of the food you eat and whether its processed or not. But if you are hell bent on doing this be very careful and make sure you read up about nutrition, meat is full of proteins and minerals we need that we can digest alot easier than plant based foods. You have to eat a lot of veg to get the equivalent to meat.

@James didn't you go vegan

Damn man, thought you were a canny poster too. :(

I couldn't do it. Wouldn't last more than 2 days and my diet would probably consist of potatoes, rice and beans.

Good luck though.

My lad went vegan in September, having been vegetarian for a few years. It's hard work at first, but then you get to know what's in everything and what you can have. Big jump to go straight to vegan rather than veggie first. Think it's easier now than it once was - go to Sainsburys and they have tons of nut milks and butters (missus!), spreadable 'cheese' only its made from coconut etc. Lot of that stuff is quite pricey, and my son's gone from basically replicating old way of eating at the beginning, to eating differently and not buying much of that stuff, just cooking lots of thai curries etc from scratch, which as a student turns out to be a dead cheap way of living.

The Happy Cow app is a good way of finding places to eat out, and The Ship Inn in Ouseburn does nothing but fantastic vegan food.

Back