I'm Going Vegan

I'm going to go vegan for a couple of weeks to see how I feel about it.

Reason mainly being for improved health. I have a couple of friends (not the attention seeking bellend type) who have been vegetarian or vegan for most of their lives and after asking their honest opinion I'm going to give it a go.

I f***ing love meat, like a proper carnivore, so this will be a big change.

Do we have any resident SMB vegans? Looking for any suggestions and advice on basic meals etc to get me going, I have Google too anar but I would prefer SMB wisdom.

I also welcome and encourage the expected abuse from the fatties and shitters ;)
Aye mate, proper man's man.

You have nailed the first part of being vegan, telling people about it who quite frankly couldn't give a flying fuck
Moby being interviewed the other day, started talking about his vegan cafe. Every time he mentioned it he said “my vegan cafe”, not just “my cafe”. Happened at least 4 times. We know man, you already told us. If I had an Italian restaurant I wouldn’t keep referring to it as “my Italian restaurant” would I?
It’s the same as mags who keep saying “Newcastle United” instead of just “Newcastle”, like Superdrunk.
Attention seeking bellends

Fair enough. My daughter has been veggie since she was 7.
And you pander to al that shit?

Having spoken with my colleague, the vegan one, he informs me that it is essential you add Vitamin B12 to food.

B12 is only present in meat and yeast, as a result he adds marmite to a lot of the food he makes or Nutritional Yeast flakes.

This lunatic woman is feeding her pet ferrenc fox on a 'plant based diet.'
Logon or register to see this image

An animal rights activist has kicked off a fierce debate about whether it's healthy and humane to keep a pet fox - and feed it a vegan diet.

The controversy started when Sonia Sae - a self-described " anti-speciesist " - revealed on social media that she is raising Jumanji, her pet male fennec fox, on a purely plant-based diet.

I hope @mux doesn't develop huge ears.

Last edited:
It's a myth that veganism is healthier for you. The reason its touted as healthier is because you cut out a lot of shite when you do it, but not all meat is shite. It's all about the quality of the food you eat and whether its processed or not. But if you are hell bent on doing this be very careful and make sure you read up about nutrition, meat is full of proteins and minerals we need that we can digest alot easier than plant based foods. You have to eat a lot of veg to get the equivalent to meat.

That's true. I saw one discussion about veganism on YouTube and someone said that dogs were Obligate Carnivores.
I looked it up and that person was wrong. It appears that dogs can SURVIVE on a veggie only diet but they can only THRIVE on a diet which includes meat. Human beings are animals so we can either survive or thrive.

Big jump - why not try vegetarian first? I was one for 6 years but went back to meat cos I was suffering from a vitamin deficiency and didn't want to take supplements or pills.

Or even easier, since it's purely for health reasons apparently, then start with being a pescatarian first. If you do it properly pescatarianism is potentially the healthiest option of the lot.

Having spoken with my colleague, the vegan one, he informs me that it is essential you add Vitamin B12 to food.

B12 is only present in meat and yeast, as a result he adds marmite to a lot of the food he makes or Nutritional Yeast flakes.

But but but all the health benefits that come with being Vegan we don’t need meat blah blah blah.

I don’t mind people eating whatever they want it’s the preaching twats I cant stand.

But but but all the health benefits that come with being Vegan we don’t need meat blah blah blah.

I don’t mind people eating whatever they want it’s the preaching twats I cant stand.
I enjoy it when vegans say we don't need certain things such as cow's milk and justify it by stating, 'You wouldn't drink milk directly from the udder of the cow, would you?' It's funny, because I've never seen a vegetarian on their hands and knees in the soil eating onions or potatoes directly from the dirt, either.

Back