If we go top on Saturday.....

According to people who don’t support them, it seems at times on here reading posts like this, that they’re aimed at arrogant Barnsley fans, but we’re not, we see the team week in week out we know our frailties we know our strengths and I think you’ll be hard pressed to find a genuine Barnsley who thinks we’re the best team in the league, we’re mostly pretty grounded and we know the league table doesn’t lie.
It wasn't aimed at Barnsley fans.

Who are Pompey playing Saturday?

Just checked - Scunny away - they'll beat them 2 nowt.

Last edited by a moderator:
According to people who don’t support them, it seems at times on here reading posts like this, that they’re aimed at arrogant Barnsley fans, but we’re not, we see the team week in week out we know our frailties we know our strengths and I think you’ll be hard pressed to find a genuine Barnsley who thinks we’re the best team in the league, we’re mostly pretty grounded and we know the league table doesn’t lie.
Not aimed towards Barnsley fans mind.

If anything, it's aimed to every other set of fans in this division who constantly make a comparison between ourselves and Barnsley and consistently state Barnsley are by far the better team, so when we find ourselves in a position where we're ahead of Barnsley we will have a cheeky little jab at them.

Nowt personal at all. :lol:

Wycombe Wanderers: Matt Ingram rejoins club on emergency loan from QPR Wycombe Wanderers: Matt Ingram rejoins club on emergency loan from QPR
Keeper making debut? That's all we need. Remember the Burton keeper? :lol:

This. Living and working in Barnsley and having mates that are season ticket holders they’re are thinking that we are the team to beat this season. Not one of my mates think they’ll finish above us and laugh at how the press/bookies/critics/stats have got them favourites

You know I don't know where you get - 'miles ahead' - I've seen all home and most away this season, I'd suggest we have the edge above many in this league, but often have struggled to show that edge. We've been lucky on many occasions - I call it lucky, others would say otherwise - I just hope we remain lucky and don't get caught out - Doncaster should have been 2 up against us in the first half, only their poor finishing said otherwise. Loads of examples this season and I keep hearing - 'when we hit top gear' - we have not yet, other than the first half against Posh - and we are nearly half way through the season. I want us to win every game as do us all, but for me we need to be more ruthless to be 'miles ahead'.

This.

We are clearly not "miles ahead" there's a difference between confidence and arrogance.

Back