If we get beat on Sat and lose 6 in a row

I wonder if you'd have wanted a level playing field when we were known as the Bank of England club ? FTM
There was more of a level playing field then. The maximum wage and a complete lack of overseas owners contributed to that, and of course the retention system which, for example, enabled Boro, Preston and Blackpool to hold on to Mannion, Finney and Matthews respectively.

There was more of a level playing field then. The maximum wage and a complete lack of overseas owners contributed to that, and of course the retention system which, for example, enabled Boro, Preston and Blackpool to hold on to Mannion, Finney and Matthews respectively.
So you agree some changes would be good?

I think winning just because you have more money would be a little hollow. When forest won, that was earned and deserved. When city won, it wasn’t.

How come? The premier league is over 30 years old, why on earth is having it monopolised a good thing?
If you look at the honours won in Spain, France, Germany and Italy - our PL is far more competitive.

I’m no seer but I don’t see this happening under TM.
As for the ES vs KLD comparison, ES was steering us into debt behind the scenes. KLD is trying to make sure that doesn’t happen under his ownership. Yes Short ‘cleared the debt’ but it subsequently left us exposed to clueless owners.
ES was clueless and had no plan. KLD at least has a plan.
One of which is still.part owner.

I can’t see us getting anything tomorrow. I’d love to be proved wrong but I think they’re a decent side with good forward options.

They’ll be well rested after the postponement in midweek and have the motivation of avenging the 5-0 against a Sunderland side severely hampered by injuries/suspensions.

Looking at the league table and this weekends fixtures I think we’ll only drop one place if results go as I expect.

We then have games against QPR and Cardiff to hopefully stop the rot before the cavalry arrives in the form of Roberts, Alese, Evans and Clarke in April to ensure we steer clear of the relegation dogfight.

Lose a few games and you get people trying to convince themselves they don’t want us to get promoted.
I'm not trying to convince myself, I'm looking at the fact.

This season, we started with a chance of winning, not a great chance but a chance. If not that, then top 6 was a real possibility.

If we get promoted, what do we have to look forward to? Maybes winning 5-6 games all year and scraping survival, that's sadistic if you want that.

I can’t see us getting anything tomorrow. I’d love to be proved wrong but I think they’re a decent side with good forward options.

They’ll be well rested after the postponement in midweek and have the motivation of avenging the 5-0 against a Sunderland side severely hampered by injuries/suspensions.

Looking at the league table and this weekends fixtures I think we’ll only drop one place if results go as I expect.

We then have games against QPR and Cardiff to hopefully stop the rot before the cavalry arrives in the form of Roberts, Alese, Evans and Clarke in April to ensure we steer clear of the relegation dogfight.
Evans is injured again. "Rolled his ankle in training".
I'm not trying to convince myself, I'm looking at the fact.

This season, we started with a chance of winning, not a great chance but a chance. If not that, then top 6 was a real possibility.

If we get promoted, what do we have to look forward to? Maybes winning 5-6 games all year and scraping survival, that's sadistic if you want that.
Gan and watch rugby or something else then if you hate football that much.

200/1 to go down on Skybet.

Worth a daft tenner.
Maybe to anti-jinx survival this season? There again an anti-jinx could twist and actually jinx us into relegation. The portents are unclear, a wrong move could influence outcomes disastrously. Best leave alone.

Maybe to anti-jinx survival this season? There again an anti-jinx could twist and actually jinx us into relegation. The portents are unclear, a wrong move could influence outcomes disastrously. Best leave alone.
This is why I put a couple of quid on it. I never win bets so it’s guaranteed our survival.

If it somehow goes the other way, I’m over £400 better off.

I don't think we ever really looked like scoring like. Hit the woodwork and forced the keeper to make a couple of saves with pot shots from range, n that's about it.
Was better than we’ve been served up recently. Dodds needs to be brave and set us up like that from the off. Humes rasper aside you are right we didn’t really come that close.

Was better than we’ve been served up recently. Dodds needs to be brave and set us up like that from the off. Humes rasper aside you are right we didn’t really come that close.
What concerns me a bit about our 'good' performance against Leicester, is that they coasted once they got the goal. They coulda been out of sight first 20 minutes. You sort of wonder if they'd needed another goal, could they have shifted through the gears.

Back