If we get beat on Sat and lose 6 in a row

Which other leagues in the whole world are different to the premier league in which only a couple teams can realistically win it?? Ours is the most competitive out of any league in the world this season, in terms of 3 teams can still win it. Also, no way you enjoyed watching Cheltenham at home on a Tuesday night in November....not a chance.
Other leagues being shit, doesn't make ours less shit.

Surely you want an even playing field, or do you prefer domination by the rich clubs?
He's got to be on a wind up.
Seriously - you want to 'nearly win'

I only included major trophies, Intertoto or Europa Conference League I excluded, along with our papa johns.
The conference league is a major trophy. I think we'd all like to win it and it got them qualification for Europa league which they're doing well in.
I'd rather just be in with a chance of winning.
Can only be in with a chance of winning the league if your in it, which we arent.
He's got to be on a wind up.
Seems that way. Doesn't want to play in prem as may nit win it but wants to play in an inferior league which he doesn't want to win as that'd mean promotion 🤪

Last edited:
The conference league is a major trophy. I think we'd all like to win it and it got them qualification for Europa league which they're doing well in.

Can only be in with a chance of winning the league if your in it, which we arent.
Major trophy??

None of the top teams were even in it. It's the European equivalent of the papa johns.

Would I like to win it? Yes, but it's a scrap from top table thrown to lower teams.

Seems that way. Doesn't want to play in prem as may nit win it but wants to play in an inferior league which he doesn't want to win as that'd mean promotion 🤪
And if we get promoted, will we have a chance?

Major trophy??

None of the top teams were even in it. It's the European equivalent of the papa johns.

Would I like to win it? Yes, but it's a scrap from top table thrown to lower teams.

And if we get promoted, will we have a chance?
We would if we invested. Villa were in this league not so long ago and are about to finish in top 5. Brighton likewise have qualified for Europe. We just need to be run correctly, something the current lot can't or won't do.

As for the conference its clearly not like papa John's. Its not fir 3rd and 4th tier teams, gets into europa league and all but perhaps 6 or 7 teams in this country would love to win it.

Surely you want an even playing field, or do you prefer domination by the rich clubs?

...and you want to revel in winning the Papa Johns :lol:

Madness mate :lol:

Can't see how they turn this around unless we get 2/3 first team players back from injury soon, including Clarke and Roberts...

Explain how we'll compete then? Competing means having a chance of winning something in the premier league.

Cannot progress into the premier league and compete to win something.

YoYo-ing, we do that well.

So you're not competing for anything if your not in the frame to win the Premier League itself???
Do teams not compete to win cups or qualify for Europe like?

Utterly bizarre and pointless to be talking about winning the Premiership, even if the club was owned by a country!

So you're not competing for anything if your not in the frame to win the Premier League itself???
Do teams not compete to win cups or qualify for Europe like?

Utterly bizarre and pointless to be talking about winning the Premiership, even if the club was owned by a country!
So make the league a competition not a two horse race.

Imagine if 20 different teams had won it over the last 20 years.

We been conditioned to accept the monopoly. That’s why fewer kids are watching football now.

We been conditioned to accept the monopoly. That’s why fewer kids are watching football now.

Maybe someone will come up with the cure for cancer and give it away for free while youre at it......What world you living in mate?

You forgetting what club used to be called 'The bank of England' back in the day?....this shit has been happening since the beginning of time. What happens is, other clever people find ways and means of fighting back and competing.

If football was as cut and dry as you've put it, no-one would be watching, but we all know that's not the case is it.

5 defeats has been grim. But they have only been by the odd goal each time, as bad as we are we’re not far off points in what is a very level league quality wise aside from the strength at the very top.
Yeah, makes you wonder what might have been if we'd had a competent striker. 14 defeats by 1 goal. Scandalous recruitment by Speakman which could see us relegated. FTM

I wonder if you'd have wanted a level playing field when we were known as the Bank of England club ? FTM

Maybe someone will come up with the cure for cancer and give it away for free while youre at it......What world you living in mate?

You forgetting what club used to be called 'The bank of England' back in the day?....this shit has been happening since the beginning of time. What happens is, other clever people find ways and means of fighting back and competing.

If football was as cut and dry as you've put it, no-one would be watching, but we all know that's not the case is it.
It is the case, the average age of supporters is changing. In 1968 it was below 20, now it’s over 45. We’re losing the younger generations.
it was one of the reasons they wanted a European super league, personally I think that would have turned more people away.

Other leagues in different sports don’t have this, and I don’t think we should just roll over and say it’s always been this way.

It could be far more entertaining, but we seem to have given up wanting a fair league.

If 20 different teams had won the league the trophy would be meaningless.

I wonder if you'd have wanted a level playing field when we were known as the Bank of England club ? FTM
I think winning just because you have more money would be a little hollow. When forest won, that was earned and deserved. When city won, it wasn’t.
If 20 different teams had won the league the trophy would be meaningless.
How come? The premier league is over 30 years old, why on earth is having it monopolised a good thing?

Back