Ice cream men from yesteryear

• Thread starter Deleted member 25315
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Walls icecream van used to come around Farra on a Sunday. He'd park up outside the club so that at cbucky out time he would catch the drunks who wanted to take something back for the mrs to appease her. He'd then tour around the estate selling icecream in little blocks wrapped in paper. You'd get two wafers with it or a shovel shaped square cornet to plonk it in.
I don't know what he had for a freezer in that van but I rememeber it being rock hard and freezing to my lips. You resembled frost bitten Scott of the antarctic after eating one of them. :)

Logon or register to see this image

A Minchellas van used to come round Fellgate from as far back as I can remember. They used to be husband and wife that did the round but pretty sure the wife still comes round in the same van as 40 years ago. Used to see the van parked outside a house near Heworth metro as well but haven't checked its still there for a while.
Used to be minchellas at wardley too, dark haired woman, loads of gold, bit gypsy looking? She was sound

Anyone know the ice cream shop at Seaton Delaval? Our icy was the Italian bloke whose family run that place, would he fuck sell that ice cream on his van, it was just Mr whippy shite. Our other icy was a grumpy Scottish bloke called Mac that slagged off the Italian bloke for selling Mr whippy cos he sold walls ice cream which is the proper stuff apparently.
Riggies from Delaval - probably caller Di Riggitoni or something similar, but everyone calls it Riggies

Gouges in Fence Houses, lush

Gouges was the best around Houghton, unless the Townies sent a raiding party in and Geraldi turned up, but normally only ever saw him around Eppleton. Fellas was a bit average, but better than Jaconellis

Riggies from Delaval - probably caller Di Riggitoni or something similar, but everyone calls it Riggies

Gouges was the best around Houghton, unless the Townies sent a raiding party in and Geraldi turned up, but normally only ever saw him around Eppleton. Riannis was a bit average, but better than Jaconellis

Last edited:

Checked with a pal I grew up with, it was Mr eddy. Very Italian.

Gouges was the best around Houghton, unless the Townies sent a raiding party in and Geraldi turned up, but normally only ever saw him around Eppleton. Fellas was a bit average, but better than Jaconellis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back