Ice cream men from yesteryear

• Thread starter Deleted member 25315
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 25315

sadly, you don't see many nowadays, but what do you remember about your 'iceyman'? We had a few come round our street in the 70s and 80s. One I remember was an Italian bloke who worked for G. Fellas. If we were playing footy on the field, he'd park the van up and have a kick about with us. Unfortunately, for him at least, one of the lads sneaked off and discovered that the glass screen on the counter couldn't be locked. For weeks, one of us would sneak off during the game and rifle his gear- he didn't last long, canny player though.

sadly, you don't see many nowadays, but what do you remember about your 'iceyman'? We had a few come round our street in the 70s and 80s. One I remember was an Italian bloke who worked for G. Fellas. If we were playing footy on the field, he'd park the van up and have a kick about with us. Unfortunately, for him at least, one of the lads sneaked off and discovered that the glass screen on the counter couldn't be locked. For weeks, one of us would sneak off during the game and rifle his gear- he didn't last long, canny player though.

He got hung under a bridge for his misdemeanour by his employers.:eek:

I believe many ice cream men were put out of business due to thefts from their vans.

A strange Danny devito looking Bloke with a hunch on his back tryed doing Geraldies round a few minutes before him with his fancy mr whippey machine .his ice cream was canny.i think geraldie dragged him out of his van one day

Ginger Joe Geraldi did the van round the doors of Pennywell & Ford in the 70's & 80's.

Can also remember some bloke on a reverse three wheeler bicycle with a freezer compartment on the front who used to come round Saturday & Sunday afternoon in the summer.
He still does

Fellas and Geralldi round ours. Geralldi sold single tabs for 5p and we used to lean in and nick kets while he was in the freezer.
Geraldi, aye forgot about him- next street up he was, along with Michael's. We used to ride the back of Michael's ices in the snow- great fun.

Ginger Joe Geraldi did the van round the doors of Pennywell & Ford in the 70's & 80's.

Can also remember some bloke on a reverse three wheeler bicycle with a freezer compartment on the front who used to come round Saturday & Sunday afternoon in the summer.
He was bald wasn't he?

Fellas and Geralldi round ours. Geralldi sold single tabs for 5p and we used to lean in and nick kets while he was in the freezer.
I think he sold me my first and only tab when I was about 12. I spewed up and that was the end of my smoking experience.

I think he sold me my first and only tab when I was about 12. I spewed up and that was the end of my smoking experience.
He will have. We used to say me fatha had sent us because he was watching the tele and he used to sell us them. Me fatha was in the club, so had no idea.

Reg's ices , around Farringdon in the 80s took on a lass called Audrey, what a pair of norks she had. We badgered her every time she came round to get her baps out. One day she did, , I think we all had an early night that day. I can still picture them now 30 years on... tremendous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back